Users of the QuickBooks Desktop application stumble across variegated error codes while updating their copy of QuickBooks. QuickBooks error code 557 is one such error in the accounting software that shows up when users go for the installation of the recent updates for the software. Furthermore, this error may also occur in case of wrong syntax or low disc space in your computer.
Let us now take you through the various solutions to fix this QuickBooks error.
Solution 1: Remove the file named ‘’EntitlementDataStore.ecml’’
- • Press Windows + E to launch Windows File Explorer, then go to the "C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8" folder.
- • Locate the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and right-click it.
- • Choose Delete, then click the Yes button to confirm your choice.
- • Launch QuickBooks and activate it by providing the product registration information when required.
- • Install the payroll updates once more after installing the updates for QuickBooks Desktop.