Six common factors influence our decision to purchase a piece of home equipment
Researchers found six common factors influencing our decision to purchase a piece of home gym equipment. These factors include,
- How we feel about ourselves
- How much effort will it take to maintain the product
- If the product is a status symbol
- If others would want to borrow the product
- If we can customize it
- How much entertainment value it could offer us.
Researchers surveyed many consumers to understand why people buy these items and what influences their decision. They found that six common factors influence our decision to purchase a piece of home gym equipment.
- The first one is the quality of the equipment. If it is not good quality and has a lot of faults, we are less likely to buy it.
- The second one is the performance of the equipment - the higher its implementation, the more likely we will be willing to purchase it.
- The third factor is how much it costs - if we think it's expensive, we are less likely to buy it than if we think that it's worth what we're paying for in terms of quality and performance.
- The fourth factor is how easy or hard the item is to use: if people find something complicated, they will be less willing to pay for it.
- The fifth is social norms - if others have something and seem like they enjoy using it.
- The sixth is associated with the home gym when exercising from home.