The Impact of IT Solutions on the Hospitality Industry
Successful functioning in the hotel business market is impossible without the use of modern information technologies. Due to the introduction of new computer technologies, the hotel industry is undergoing significant changes. We are talking about both individual developments of software https://djangostars.com/industries/travel/hospitality-software-development/ , made by order of specific hotels, and developments of wide distribution.
Modern information technologies at the enterprises of the hospitality industry
The hospitality industry is a significant sector of the economy in most countries of the world. It includes:
- rapid volatility of economic conditions;
- improving the quality of services provided;
- Constant entry into the market of new participants.
These changes have a particular impact on the financial position of the hospitality industry. The functioning of modern hotels requires the application of new technologies in practice. It is necessary to create an efficient and functional hotel management information system to automate work processes and improve customer service.
Now no hotel can exist without information technology. The existence of the hotel, making the right management decisions and profitability depend on their use. The competitive advantage of the hospitality industry depends on innovations such as decision-making systems based on automated control and systems related to storage and intelligent data processing.
What is the IT structure of the hospitality industry?
The structure of the system in the hotel business is built for each hotel individually. Firstly, it depends on which departments are created in the enterprise. Secondly, the number and tasks of each of the departments are determined by the category of the hotel, location and other factors. The hotels have created divisions that are present in the structure of each. For example, these are the management department, reservation service, administration and maintenance. The information system of the hotel complex should integrate the system to ensure interconnection.
Hotel Information Technology includes:
- structured cable system;
- hotel television, including an interactive system;
- Internet access;
- accounting programs and hotel management systems (PMS);
- ERP-systems (settlement, warehouse, accounting and financial systems);
- computing facilities, including servers, computers and restaurant terminals;
- hotel website and online booking systems;
- video surveillance and security;
- access control and accounting systems, hotels.
Functionality of IT solutions for hotels
Computerized enterprise management systems allow you to automate the performance of routine tasks by hotel staff and management. At the same time, interconnection between various services is achieved, which improves efficiency and eliminates errors. In addition, the management receives a powerful tool for monitoring the state of the hotel and financial flows. In general, when using automated IT systems, the hotel becomes more manageable and efficient.
Modern hotel management systems are based on powerful databases. It accumulates and stores detailed information about the work of the hotel and its relationship with each guest. The PMS management system is used for booking and managing guest accounts. PMS also partially performs the functions of CRM, which is responsible for managing customer relationships and organizing the company's internal processes. With PMS, you can create a unified customer base. It stores all the data about the guest, so when booking, he only needs to provide his data. The PMS system should provide the possibility of automation and, therefore, facilitate the implementation of the main functions of the marketer. Of course, this is a relevant and convenient feature in all systems.
Also, the online room reservation system occupies a special place in the development of information technology in the hotel business. Today, customers are given the opportunity to independently book the desired hotel according to individual parameters using the Internet site.
What are the basic requirements for hotel information systems?
Hotel management information systems must meet several requirements:
- A high level of functionality that will allow you to receive information about the client;
- Reliability of the technology;
- A user-friendly interface that will allow users with different levels of training to work with IT technologies at a hotel enterprise of different levels;
- Flexibility and scalability of the software product in the system structure and expansion of its functionality.
In order to have an effective solution, you should make sure that the steps for creating the system are carefully prepared.
High-tech IT solutions that will transform the hospitality industry
- Virtual and augmented reality. Augmented and virtual reality is one of the hottest trends in the hospitality industry. Today, many hotels are already using virtual and augmented reality as a feature to help their guests make choices and improve their experience. For example, it can be a virtual tour of the hotel building or rooms in order to choose the most suitable option.
- Internet of things. The Internet of Things is rapidly adapting from marketing concept to reality. The hospitality industry should not miss out on the many opportunities offered by the Internet of Things. It is expected that hotel rooms can be opened using smartphone application keypad codes instead of keys or voice control, which will greatly increase the competitiveness of the hotel.
- Intelligent business management systems. The introduction of intelligent business management systems is an integral part of digital transformation. It is believed that all businesses must go through this to stay relevant. Using such hotel management software can greatly increase the efficiency of your business. For example, they can avoid overbooking and reduce the loss of canceled bookings.
- Mobile devices. The use of mobile devices is growing every day. Hotels can use this trend to their advantage to improve the interaction between devices and guests. As a rule, the guest has the opportunity to find a hotel, check the available rooms and book it (without interaction with the staff or representatives of the hotel). It is a state-of-the-art solution for the hospitality industry that saves time for your employees and simplifies their workflow.
- Artificial intelligence. Most hotels are phasing out manual price controls. This is done in favor of delegating this task to the AI. By analyzing the data, AI makes a forecast of high demand. Artificial intelligence simplifies and improves the work process of managers. Because AI provides more accurate predictions.