The best time to pick a vacation in Europe can help you meet your expectations and goals for an unforgettable trip. In this guide, I will help you choose the 17+Best Tourist Attractions in Europe so you can pick the best time for you.
In the whole world, people are interconnected with the internet itself and the travel industry has grown at its highest peaks right now. All the travelers around the world are looking for reservations online and hotels room provided by Booking and Airbnb. The Best Tourist attractions in Europe now can be easily discovered by simply clicking on our eternal search machine named google.
Europe is a continent with countries that are culturally diverse, politically tense, and economically strong. There are many reasons to visit Europe - from the historical sites of Rome to the beautiful landscapes of Ireland. The European Union has 28 member states, which means there is something for everyone. From the big cities to the small towns, there are many things to see and do in Europe. The continent is home to some of the most famous landmarks in the world, including the Eiffel Tower in Paris and Big Ben in London.
Let's dive into our subject...
What are the best 13+ tourist attractions in Europe?
- Eiffel Tower from France
The Eiffel Tower is a wrought iron lattice tower located on the Champ de Mars in Paris. It was named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel, whose company designed and built the tower.
The tower is the tallest building in Paris and the most-visited paid monument in the world; 6.98 million people ascended it in 2017. The tower received its 250th million visitors on 2 February 2019.
The Eiffel Tower is one of the most iconic landmarks in the world. It was designed by Gustave Eiffel and built-in 1889. The tower stands 324 meters high and has 3 levels that are open to the public. There are also 2 restaurants on the first level, which have a panoramic view of Paris.
The first restaurant is called Le Jules Verne and it is located at the top of the tower, on level 2. You can enjoy a meal while looking out over Paris with its amazing views. The second restaurant is called La Tour d’Argent, which is located on level 1 and offers a more traditional French menu with dishes like escargot or duck breast with red cabbage and apple sauce.
2. The Best Tourist Attractions in Greece - Acropolis of Athens
The Acropolis of Athens is the most famous landmark in Athens. It was the site of many important buildings and temples, including the Parthenon. The Acropolis has been a place of worship and refuge for thousands of years. The Acropolis was built on a hill that had been a religious center for centuries before it became an important Greek city-state in the 5th century BC.
The Athenians saw this hill as sacred because it was where they believed Athena, goddess of wisdom and war, had risen to help them defeat their enemies. The Acropolis is surrounded by numerous other sites of ancient significance, including the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion, and the Theatre of Dionysus. The Acropolis is known as a symbol of Athens. It has been home to many important Athenian landmarks and buildings for more than 2,500 years.
It is considered one of the most important ancient monuments in the world. The Acropolis was used as an ancient religious site, and today it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Acropolis has been studied by many historians and archaeologists. The study of this monument has helped to uncover many details about Greek life and culture.
In this guide, we will list the best restaurants near the Acropolis of Athens :
- Taverna Dionysia - This tavern is known for its traditional Greek cuisine. It is a family-run business that offers delicious food and unparalleled hospitality.
- Tsokkos Taverna - This restaurant serves authentic Greek cuisine and specializes in seafood dishes. They also have an amazing wine selection.
- To Steki tou Iliaou - To Steki tou Iliaou is located near the Acropolis and they serve traditional Greek dishes with a twist of modernity.
3. The Best Tourist Attractions in Italy? Venice Canals
The Venice Canals are a series of canals in the city of Venice and they provide an efficient way to navigate the city.
Venice is a city in Italy. It is famous for the canals that run through the city. There are many attractions to visit in Venice such as St Mark's Basilica, St Mark's Square, and Doge's Palace. Venice is located on the coast of the Adriatic Sea in northern Italy. The canals that run through Venice date back to the first century AD and they have been used ever since as a way to transport goods and people around Venice. There are many attractions that you can visit when you are there such as St Mark’s Basilica, St Mark’s Square, and Doge’s Palace.
These three attractions make up some of the most iconic landmarks in all of Venice. Venice has always been a popular tourist destination for people from around the world. Visitors will often spend a lot of time wandering around the canals, admiring the architecture, and visiting some of the many cafes and restaurants.
The city is now known for its art galleries, museums, and architecture but many people still love to visit Venice for its romantic atmosphere as well as for its history and architecture.
Venice has a population of about 260,000 people, with an average age of 45 years old. The population is predominantly male (about 60%) and white (about 92%).
Venice is an amazing city. There are many restaurants that you should try when you visit the canals. Here are some of the best places to eat near Venice canals:
- Harry's Bar - This is one of the most famous restaurants in Venice and it is located on the Grand Canal. It serves traditional Venetian cuisine and has been around for over a century.
- Alla Madonna -This restaurant is located near St Mark's Square and has been serving classic Italian dishes since 1892. They also have a wine list with over 1000 different wines!
- L'Osteria al Gambero Rosso - This restaurant serves fresh seafood dishes, pasta, and grilled meats at reasonable prices
4. One of the Best Tourist Attractions in Spain is Sagrada Familia
Sagrada Familia is a Roman Catholic basilica in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. It was designed by the Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí (1852-1926). The project began in 1882 and is not yet complete. The Sagrada Familia is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Barcelona and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It has been under construction for over 130 years, with work still continuing today.
The Sagrada Familia is an iconic landmark that can be seen from all across the city. It offers free admission and visitors are encouraged to take their time exploring the building, which they can enter at
any point along its perimeter.
Sagrada Familia is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Barcelona. We have compiled a list of some of the best restaurants near Sagrada Familia that you can visit after visiting the iconic building.
- Els Quatre Gats (C/ Montsió, 17) - is a famous restaurant in Barcelona, Spain. It was opened in 1897 and is the best-known symbol of Catalan Modernism. The restaurant was closed during the Spanish Civil War but reopened after it ended.
- La Paloma (C/ Montsió, 18) - is one of the best restaurants in the city with a great ambience, excellent service and delicious food.
- Boadas (C/ Aragó, 255) - This is a Michelin-star restaurant with a menu that changes every day to make sure that the customer has the freshest ingredients possible. They also offer an excellent wine list and an incredible atmosphere. This is one of the most famous restaurants in Barcelona, and they have been around since 1872.
5. The Colosseum - The Best Tourist Attraction in Rome, Italy
The Colosseum is an elliptical amphitheater in the center of Rome and is one of the most well-known buildings from ancient Rome. It was commissioned by Emperor Vespasian in 72 AD and completed in 80 AD. The Colosseum's construction was funded by the spoils and wealth that the Romans had acquired from their conquests during the Jewish Wars, as well as the wealth of Rome itself.
The Colosseum could hold between 50,000 and 80,000 people, who came to watch events such as animal hunts, gladiator battles, re-enactments of famous battles, executions, and dramas based on classical mythology.
Today it stands as a ruin in the center of Rome with only a small portion still intact. Built of concrete and sandstone, it is the largest amphitheater ever built. The Colosseum could hold up to 80,000 people and was used for gladiatorial combat and other sports competitions.
When you visit Rome and want to have a good meal, you should know the best places to eat. The restaurants near Colosseum are some of the most popular and well-known in Rome.
There are many restaurants in this area, but here are the ones that you should visit:
- Il Pizzaiuolo - This restaurant is known for its pizza and has been around since 1948.
- La Fontana della Villa Borghese - This restaurant is famous for its fine dining experience, which includes an award-winning chef who prepares dishes from all over the world.
- La Taverna degli Amici - This restaurant is known for its delicious food and reasonable prices.
- Il Circo Massimo - This restaurant has a wide range of Italian dishes.
6. Best Tourist Attractions in France - Louvre
The Louvre is a museum in Paris, France. It is one of the world’s most famous and prestigious art museums. The Louvre was opened to the public on August 10, 1793. It is housed in an old palace that was built for King Louis XIV and it has a total of 675,000 square feet of space.
The Louvre consists of seventeen different museums that are located inside the complex, including the famous Egyptian Museum and the Islamic Art Museum. The Louvre houses over 100,000 works from artists all over Europe and Asia as well as North Africa. This includes paintings by Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Rembrandt, Titian, and Raphael.
It is not difficult to find a good restaurant near the Louvre Museum in Paris. There are many options to choose from with a wide range of prices and different cuisines.
Some restaurants worth mentioning are:
- Le Jules Verne - This restaurant is located in Paris, France, and is situated on the second floor of Eiffel Tower. It has been awarded one Michelin star and has been ranked as one of the top ten restaurants in France by The World's 50 Best Restaurants for three consecutive years.
- Les Jardins d'Evelyne - offers delicious food and excellent service. The prices are on the higher end because it's located in an upscale neighborhood, but it's well worth it for those who can afford it.
- Le Café de la Paix - It is located at the intersection of the Rue Royale and the Rue Saint-Honoré. Le Café de la Paix was opened in 1867 by Jean-Pierre Canet. The building was originally a café that served only coffee and croissants but it has since expanded to offer more dishes
7. Best Tourist Attractions in England ( must visit no matter what )
Buckingham Palace is a royal palace in London and the official residence of the British Royal Family. It is located in the City of Westminster, on the north bank of the River Thames.
The Palace was originally built as a 17th-century country house for King Charles II, but it has been used as a palace since 1837. The Palace has 775 rooms, including 188 bedrooms, and 115 bathrooms. The State Rooms include some of the most famous paintings in the world such as Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa and Michelangelo's ceiling frescoes from his time at the Vatican.
Buckingham Palace is also home to Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s art collection which includes works by Rembrandt, Rubens, Van Dyck, and Canaletto.
For a more luxurious experience, the best restaurants near Buckingham Palace are the Michelin-starred Sketch and The Wolseley. For those looking for a more casual dining experience, there is a wide range of restaurants and pubs to suit all tastes.
The best restaurants near Buckingham Palace are:
- Sketch - The food at this place is always fresh and delicious. The staff is also very friendly and they take care of their customers. I had a great experience when I went there for the first time, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to enjoy
- The Wolseley - The Wolseley England is a restaurant in the heart of London. It is a very popular destination for tourists and locals alike. The menu offers traditional English food and it has been awarded the Michelin star.
- The Ivy - The Ivy is a restaurant that has been around for over 100 years. It is located in the heart of the city and has been known for its traditional English cuisine. They are well known for their traditional English cuisine and they have been around since 1874. The Ivy is located in the heart of London, which makes it very convenient to find and get to.
- Ritz Restaurant - The Ritz Restaurant England is situated in London, and it is the most expensive restaurant in the world. The price of one meal here is around £800.
- J Sheekey Oyster Bar - Every day, restaurants are competing with each other to provide the best experience for their customers. This is why they have to keep up with the latest trends and technologies. The J Sheekey Oyster Bar Restaurant in London is one of them. They have invested in a machine that can serve wine by scanning a bottle and tasting it. The machine can also recommend wines based on your preferences and budget.
Pweauu!! Finally, you got here in the end, I know that there are a lot more attractions you can choose from cities around Europe but by far those from above can help you to achieve a memorable experience. The best tourist attractions in Europe can be difficult to visit if you don't have an idea of what places you should pick.
Anyway I hope you enjoy this article and leave a comment below to share your experience with us!
George Vacariu is a data and infrastructure analyst by day at IBM, but a travel writer by night and also the owner of smart-adventures.com. With 5+ years of IT and travel experience, George is passionate about blogging and traveling to new destinations. He lives in Brasov Romania and writes about travel experiences and helps other people to choose the best time for new adventures path including the completed guides for their new destinations