How to Set up a YouTube Channel Quickly - A Guide to Action
Competent settings of YouTube channel from scratch
Why should I customize my YouTube channel? In a nutshell - poor tuning hinders its promotion. Quality tuning allows the channel to work at its full capacity. A tuned channel will be promoted easier and faster.
It's best to change the settings of YouTube before you promote and promote it. Then the effectiveness of marketing activities will increase. Get acquainted at the stage of settings with services for the promotion of YouTube you can at Lowcostsmm - https://lowcostsmm.com/ real subscribers and more can already be yours. But for now, let's start reviewing the settings.
Preparatory stage before editing your YouTube channel
- Registration. If you have not yet registered a YouTube account, then do it. How to create a YouTube channel is described in detail in this article.
- Confirmation. You need to confirm your account by phone. This will open additional features and increase security. You can do it from the settings section in the Creative studio, or you can do it right on this page - www.youtube.com/verify. Enter the number to which you will receive a confirmation code.
The task of this step is to select and add tags (key phrases) for best ranking on YouTube. Find 15-20 key phrases matching your topic. Include them in the list. Tags are added here: Creative Studio - Settings - Channel - Basic Information.
Recommendations for selecting channel tags:
- Add high-frequency tags. With high search volume.
- Add branded tags. With your name, product, company name, etc.
- Use vidIQ to search for tags. You'll need a paid plan to do this quickly and fully. In the free plan you will have to pick up the phrases one at a time, and related phrases to come up with your own. You can also use free Yandex.Wordstat and keyword planner Google Ads. But note that Wordstat takes statistics from Yandex, not YouTube, and does not take into account the level of competition.
Add a proper title, taking into account the search algorithms. The name is set when you create the channel. You can change it as follows: Creative Studio - Channel Settings - Basic Info. It is more convenient to change the name if you have a brand account
- Use the name in the title if you're promoting a personal brand, or the name of a brand/service/product. Plus add the main keyword phrase, take it from the previous step.
- Try to have a name not more than 3-4 words.
- Put the priority phrase first. The first phrase has more "weight" for the algorithms and will not be cut in search results and on the phones.
How to customize the channel description
Add a proper description and links to the site and social media. The links you add here will also appear in the header. Go to Channel Settings - Basic Information.
Recommendations for writing a description and adding links:
- In the description, you should answer the following questions: what my channel is about, who it's for, and what's special about it. And add the brand name/name. You should answer these strategic questions before you start creating and promoting on YouTube. Read more about this in our in-depth guide to promoting on YouTube.
- After that, make sure the keyword phrases from the collected tag list are present in the description text.
- The visible part of the description in Search is 136 characters with spaces. The most important information and the main key phrase should fit here.
- Don't forget to include contact information, a description of services or topics covered in the videos.
- Provide a mailing address for commercial inquiries in the appropriate field.
- A short link with a subscription will also be appropriate here.
- When adding website and social media links, it's best to put a conversion link with an appeal aligned with your marketing funnel first.
Connecting non-default features
- Connect the available non-default features. You will need to enter your phone number. You will then receive a confirmation code in a text message or phone call format.
- The following features will then be available to you: upload videos longer than 15 minutes, add your own icons (previews), host live broadcasts, and file appeals on Content ID submissions.
Advanced YouTube Settings
On this tab, specify whether the channel is for children or not. Then you won't have to specify this information when you publish each video. This is also where you link your channel to your Google Ads account, if necessary, and the ability to choose whether or not to show the number of subscribers.
Add a logo button. From it, you can immediately subscribe from the video. It's also good practice to put the phrase "Subscribe" here instead of the logo. Add a Profile Picture (avatar) and Banner Image (channel header) here as well.
Loading new videos
Video Upload Template. This will save you time when uploading new videos. Plus you won't forget to specify important information that repeats from video to video.
What you should specify in the template with the basic information:
- Title. Add a branded tag or channel name
- Description. A link to the landing page in the first paragraph (if necessary). Subscription link. A link to the video (yourself). Links to social media and the site. Invitation to like it, write a comment.
- Hashtags. Divide the text into paragraphs and add thematic icons.
- Access options. It's better to put limited access, so you can edit the video before publication.
- Tags. Add branded tags. This is certainly enough to get maybe 50 or 100 views.
Which should be specified in the template in the advanced settings:
- License. In most cases the standard license will do.
- Category. Specify the category that best fits your content.
- Language. Specify the language that was in the settings at the beginning.
- Video ratings. Select the checkbox.
Setting up playlists
Create playlists. This is a collection of videos that are united by a common theme and help organize content on the channel. Playlists are also indexed by YouTube algorithms and help videos get into the recommended videos section.
- Think of an easy-to-understand title so that the theme of the playlist is clear. Also try to use an average key phrase.
- Specify in the description what the playlist is about. Add key phrases. Put the main phrases at the beginning. Also add links to landing pages and hashtags.
- The clip that comes first in the playlist will be the cover. Clips in the list can be manually swapped.
- The playlist can be shared, and you can allow other artists to add content to your playlist.
How to customize your home page on YouTube
The home page lets viewers know more about you and your content. To structure the information, I recommend creating sections. This will make it easier for viewers to navigate through the videos and choose what they want to watch. You can create up to 10 sections.
In Creative Studio, select Channel Setup - Browse Page View - Recommended Sections.
The sections can be videos, playlists, channels, past and scheduled live events.
It's a good idea to put popular videos or downloads as the first (top) sections. In this case, viewers will be able to see the most popular videos and recent publications.
The optimal grouping of sections depends on your goals.
Adding a trailer and recommended video
Also add a trailer - a short video about the channel - here. This will attract new subscribers. It will be seen by all viewers who are not subscribed to the channel. Subscribers are offered the recommended video instead of the trailer.
The video you want to make a trailer should be short and attractive, preferably up to 1 minute. It should reveal the essence of the channel and encourage viewers to subscribe. It's better to have no ads in it, that is, turn off monetization (if in case you already have it).
For recommended videos for subscribers, think about what kind of content would interest viewers who are already subscribers. For example, a new video.
The steps described above will allow you to set up your YouTube channel correctly in 2021 with the latest changes in mind. Register a YouTube account and create a channel. Give answers to the question of what it's about and for whom. After that, start setting it up.
Pick the right tags, title, and description. Connect additional features and advanced settings. Add playlists, a trailer. Set filters. Customize the home page and add community and channel information.
That's it! The channel is set up and ready for further promotion.