How to relocate from the US to Canada in 2022
How to relocate from the US to Canada in 2022
Several of the most frequent routes for Americans to immigrate to Canada. There are more than a hundred different immigration routes available to Americans who want to relocate to Canada.

How to relocate from the US to Canada in 2022

Several of the most frequent routes for Americans to immigrate to Canada.

There are more than a hundred different immigration routes available to Americans who want to relocate to Canada.

Immigrants are typically welcomed in Canada. The government turns to immigration to assist boost the Canadian population due to demographic considerations such as a declining labour force and a low natural birth rate. Immigration is responsible for around 1% of Canada's annual population growth. Canada intends to receive more than 431,000 immigrants in 2022 alone. So far, it looks like that number will rise over the next two years.

Although the pandemic had an impact on Canada's immigration system, Sean Fraser, the minister responsible for immigration, predicted that by the end of the year, application processing times will be back to normal. Additionally, on July 6, the Express Entry system, Canada's primary immigration route, will start accepting applications from qualified workers. Applications from new applicants should be processed within six months.

Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form

Here is a summary of some of the most well-liked economic immigration routes to Canada, as well as a brief explanation of family sponsorship.

Express Entry

Three Canadian immigration programs—the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), and the Canadian Experience Class—are managed online through Express Entry (CEC).

Comparatively speaking to the former paper-based application process, Express Entry was developed to provide a quicker route to permanent residency. For 80% of applicants, the standard processing period is six months; however, those who applied during the epidemic typically have substantially longer wait times.

For applicants who are already residents of Canada, the CEC is the best Express Entry option. Candidates must have at least a year of competent employment experience in Canada in order to be considered.

Although the Express Entry points system values Canadian job experience, it is not a requirement to be eligible for the FSWP.



You must have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in English or French as well as a degree or equivalent to be eligible for the FSWP. The FSWP point’s grid, which is distinct from the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) utilized by Express Entry, requires a score of 67 out of 100. There is no requirement for a job offer.

Workers in skilled trades who have at least two years of full-time work experience in a qualifying occupation are eligible for the FSTP. You must also possess a certificate of qualification in a skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial, or federal body in addition to a legitimate work offer valid for at least one year in Canada.

The individuals who score the highest on Express Entry are invited to apply for permanent residency. Without an Invitation to Apply, you cannot submit a permanent residency application (ITA). Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), Canada's immigration agency, sends out ITAs in regular invitational rounds. You might be able to apply for a province nomination, which will support your Express Entry application if your CRS score is not high enough to earn an ITA.

Program for Provincial Nominees

Except for Nunavut and Quebec, almost all of Canada's provinces and territories have a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).

PNPs come in two varieties: "basic" programs, which work separately from the Express Entry system, and "enhanced" programs, which are aligned with it.

Programs with enhanced eligibility draw from the Express Entry applicant pool. A provincial nomination through one of these PNPs will increase your overall score by 600 CRS points. You will rise to the top of the pool as a result of this reward, positioning yourself to be selected for an ITA in a later Express Entry draw.

People who are ineligible for Express Entry may choose to use Base PNPs because they operate a little differently. You must apply to the province and, if you are qualified, receive a nomination in order to immigrate through a base PNP. You can next approach the federal authorities about applying for permanent residence after receiving your certificate.

Sponsorship for families

Citizens and permanent residents of Canada are eligible to sponsor their parents, grandparents, common-law partner, spouse, or children. Only under certain conditions are Canadians permitted to sponsor family members such as a brother, sister, aunt, or uncle. Relatives who are deemed medically or criminally ineligible cannot be sponsored.

Under the Parents and Grandparents Program, parents and grandparents of Canadians are eligible for permanent residency (PGP). For a brief admission period, IRCC now takes interest to sponsor forms, making the program operate similarly to a lottery system. The immigration department will then prod applicants to submit applications for permanent residence. Grandparents and parents can stay in Canada for up to two years at a time with the Super Visa, which is an alternative to the PGP.

Sponsorship is also available to Canadian citizens under the age of 22 who have biological or adoptive children.

Parents and grandparents of Canadians can get permanent residency under the Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP). IRCC now accepts interest to sponsor forms for a brief intake period, which makes the program work like a lottery method. Then, the immigration office encourages candidates to submit applications for permanent residence. The Super Visa, an alternative to the PGP, enables parents and grandparents to remain in Canada for up to two years at a time.

Canadian citizens who are under 22 can also sponsor their biological or adopted children.

For more info, please call: +91-7503832132, +91-9131059075, +91 8447281370, Write to us at: and Fill out the Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form

Source URL: