Need For Recruitment Of Nurses In The Uk
- Official numbers show that the NHS (National health service) is experiencing a widening staffing problem, with the number of unfilled roles across England's health services reaching 110,192.
- The revelation triggered worries that a scarcity of frontline workers would cause longer wait times, jeopardize the campaign to reduce the 6.1 million treatment backlog, and jeopardize care quality.
- According to NHS Digital's latest quarterly data on health service vacancies, there are 39,652 nurses and 8,158 doctors in short supply. That's why UK nurses recruitment from India and other countries has increased.
UK Visa Requirements For Nurses
- The first step is to complete your nursing education. A B.Sc in nursing (which can be followed up with an M Sc) or ANM(Assistive Nursing Midwifery is a two-year nursing diploma programme.) or GNM( General Nursing and Midwifery programme is a three-year, six-month diploma programme for those interested in pursuing a career as a clinical nurse).
- Work in a suitable health or social care employment for a UK employer who has been approved by the Home Office.
- Have a 'certificate of sponsorship' from your employer detailing the role you've been offered in the UK.
- Get paid a minimum wage (the amount varies depending on the type of work you undertake). You must earn at least £25,600, or the 'going rate' for the occupation.
- A work offer from a Home Office-approved sponsor is required.
Process Of Becoming A Registered Nurse And Obtaining A Health Care Visa In UK:
- To work in another nation, an Indian nurse must complete the 'bridging programme' or 'adaptation programme' of that country. Following that, you must register as a nurse with the Nursing Registration Council in that nation.
- Demonstrate your proficiency in English
You must first demonstrate that you can communicate effectively in English by speaking, reading, and writing. Working in healthcare necessitates the ability to communicate with both patients and coworkers. Thus this is an essential aspect of moving to the UK.
- You can take one of two tests to demonstrate your English proficiency:
- IELTS is an international examination for English language proficiency (International English Language Testing System)
- The abbreviation OET stands for (Occupational English Test).
- Finish your interview
Your nursing agency in the UK will set up an interview with you via Skype or another video platform if you've passed your IELTS or OET with the appropriate overall marks. This is your chance to show why you'd be a great fit for a nursing job in the UK and ask any concerns you have regarding the application process.
- Clear the computer-based test (CBT)
Nursing & Midwifery Council registration is required for all nurses in the UK (NMC). A Computer Based Test (CBT) is required for registration, and it can be completed at any of the test centers worldwide. The exam consists of 120 multiple-choice questions and is administered by computer. The test will last four hours. It is one of the steps that will lead to a nursing job in the UK for Indian nurses.
- Documents for the NMC should be presented
The NMC will ask you to submit a number of documents so that they can determine whether you're qualified for a position as a nurse in the United Kingdom. It's one of the procedures for determining the suitable candidate for NHS recruitment jobs. You'll have to wait up to 60 working days for the NMC to issue a Decision Letter after they've received all of your paperwork. Some of these documents include.
- The application form for the NHS.
- A background check from your own country's police.
- Documents that prove your address.
- Fill out an application for a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS)
To apply for your visa, you will require a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS). Your NHS Trust will apply for you as your sponsor. After 3 years, you can be re-sponsored. You can apply for a UK PR visa for nurses after five years in the UK.
- Fill out a Visa Application
A UK Tier 2 visa for nurses is required for Indian nurses who wish to work in the United Kingdom. The cost of your visa may be covered in whole or in part, depending on the NHS Trust you are joining. For additional information on Visa charges, contact a Your World International expert. Visas for family members are usually not covered by the Trust.
- Make a flight reservation
Pack your belongings and head to the United Kingdom to begin a new life! After all of your hard work it's finally time to book your flights and head to the United Kingdom. When you arrive at the airport, a representative from Your World International will greet you and take you to your hotel. You'll also get a welcome package that includes a map of the area, contact information, and other useful information. After that, your NHS Trust will integrate you into their organization and begin OSCE(objective structured clinical examination) training.
- Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) should be cleared
The second element of the NMC registration requirements is the OSCE. The test simulates some of the healthcare scenarios that nurses and midwives in the NHS are likely to face when providing care to patients. Six stations make up the OSCE, four of which test a nurse or midwife's assessment knowledge and understanding, as well as their ability to plan, implement, and evaluate treatment. The final two stations put students' clinical abilities to the test. Depending on the NHS Trust, the OSCE training time will vary. If you do not pass the first two attempts, you will have two paid attempts to pass the exam. If you do not pass the first two attempts, you may take the exam a third time at your own expense. You will be forced to return to your native nation if you fail three attempts. As a result, Your World strongly advises you to delay bringing any family members to the UK until you have passed the OSCE.
You'll be registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council and given your NMC Personal Identification Number(PIN) if you pass the OSCE.
Benefits Of Nursing Jobs In The UK:
- Amazing salary(approx 21 lakhs p.a approx) as compared to the salary of nurses in India(3 lakhs p.a approx).
- Employment is permanent
- Processing of NMC/CBT is free
- The Visa fee is reimbursed
- Immigration health surcharge fees is reimbursed
- Certificate of sponsorship is free
- Flight charge is reimbursed
What Is The Monthly Nurse Salary?
The average salary for a nurse is ₹19,611 per month in India. (2,35,332 INR PA)
The average salary for a nurse is 21214 GBP Per annum (2116109.69 INR)
How Long You Can Stay
Though in many cases, senior caregiver and health carer work permit it's 3 years, and then you can extend it for 3 more years. But commonly, your visa can last for up to 5 years before you need to extend it. When your visa expires, or you move employment or employers, you'll need to apply to renew or amend it.
What Documents Are Required For A Health And Care Visa Uk?
- Offer letter from a UK firm with a Home Office sponsorship license
- Passport with a 12-month validity period
- Documents supporting your academic credentials
- Documents demonstrating mastery in the English language
- Proof of possessing the necessary maintenance funds of £1,270
You have the right to bring dependents, such as your spouse or partner and children under the age of 18. Dependents' application is linked to yours.
Eligibility Of Dependant Partners And Children:
A dependant partner or child is defined as:
- A man, a woman, a civil partner, or an unmarried partner
- If you have a child under the age of 18 who was born in the United Kingdom during your stay
- If you have a child above the age of 18 who is currently residing in the United Kingdom as a dependant
When It Comes To Your Partner:
You must be able to demonstrate one of the following:
- You're in a legally recognised civil partnership in the United Kingdom.
- When you apply, you must have been in a relationship with your partner for at least 2 years.
For A UK Nurse Spouse Visa, If Your Child Is 16 Or Older, They Must Comply With The Following Requirements:
- Unless they are enrolled full-time at a boarding school, college, or university, they must live with you.
- Should not be married or be in a civil partnership or have any children.
- Be able to rely on you for financial help.
If your child lives with you, you'll need to show proof of residency, such as:
- Bills of credit card
- A bank statement
- Driving license
- Documentation from the National Health Service (NHS).
- A recommendation letter from their school or university
They Require Funds In Order To Survive.
Your partner and children must have enough money to support themselves in the UK.
Benefits For Both Spouse And Dependents.
Dependent visa holders can study and work in the United Kingdom. They are permitted to work as self-employed individuals; however employment as a professional athlete or a doctor or dentist in training is restricted. Spouses are also allowed to work with a work permit.