UK Unveiled New Point Based Visa As Similar As Australia Point Assessment Grid
There are several criticisms has been seen on the UK new point based system. If the lower skilled workers are not allowed to enter into the country with new point based system, it will arise serious skill shortages in the country.
For migration purpose, Home secretary, Priti Patel on 19th February 2020 unveiled UK point based visa and immigration system which looks similar as Australia immigration system. The UK new immigration bill will come into force from 1st January 2021 and will need migrants to gain a minimum 70 points.
The New UK system modeled asAustralia immigration points system
that has been designed with the aim of creating higher wage, higher skill and higher productivity in UK economy. This system is going to implement in order to meet the needs of British people.
What is New UK “Australia Style” point based system?
UK-Australia Point Based System
Under the new UK system, immigration points will be allotted by meeting the certain requirements under which some are compulsory:
- It is obligatory for a migrant to speak English and for that, 10 points will be awarded.
- 20 points will be allotted if a migrant has a job, offer or sponsor (compulsory).
- 20 points will be allotted if job has relevant skill level (compulsory).
- If job salary ranges from Rs. 1897061 to Rs. 2134101, no points will be awarded.
- 10 points will be allotted if job salary ranges between Rs. 2134194 to Rs. 2371234.
- 20 points will be awarded if job salary is above Rs. 2371326.
- If job is listed on the shortage occupational list, 20 points will be allotted.
- 10 points will be allotted if applicant of UK visa is a PhD degree holder.
- 20 points will be allotted if an applicant PhD degree is in Science, technology, mathematics or engineering.