How to Turn Off Google Chrome Notifications?
Desktop notifications are one of the most amazing features of internet browsers. They tell you about the previews of mail, weather, news, etc. You can check important stuff right from the desktop. However, some users find it distracting and annoying. Here’s how you can disable Google Chrome notifications.
Google Chrome Notifications Function
If you want to disable Google Chrome notifications function on Android, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- First of all, open Google Chrome on your Android device.
- Then you should tap on the vertical ellipsis menu icon.
- Go to the Settings option.
- You have to select the Site Settings option in the Settings menu.
- Navigate to the Notifications section.
- Now, a listing of the websites that are denied & a listing of websites that are permitted to send notifications will appear. At the upper portion, Notifications heading will be present. Move its toggle to turn them off.
Turn Off Notifications for All Sites
- Get started by opening Google Chrome on your device.
- Go to the website you would like to prevent from sending you notifications.
- Then you have to tap on the vertical ellipsis menu icon.
- Choose the Info option.
- Navigate to the Settings.
- You should launch the Notification section.
- Choose the Block option.
You need to get rid of the notifications on Chromebook. Follow the instructions given below.
- To get started, open the Google Chrome on the Chromebook laptop.
- Then you should click on the vertical ellipsis menu icon.
- You have to go to the menu & select Settings.
- Move all the way to the lower & select the Advanced option.
- Navigate to the Privacy & Security section.
- You should select Site Settings option.
- Press on the toggle located beside Ask before sending and disable the notifications. In case you wish to block a specific website, then just click the Add option located beside Block. Input the site name & press the Add button.
If you want to disable Chrome notifications on a computer, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- To begin with, open Google Chrome on the desktop computer or laptop.
- You should click on the vertical ellipsis menu icon right of your profile.
- Then you have to go to the drop-down menu & select the Settings option.
- Navigate to the Settings screen & move all the way to the end. Select the Advanced option.
- Find the Privacy & Security section.
- Thereafter you should select the Site Settings option.
- Later, you have to select Notifications.
- If you would like to block notifications all at once, you should disable the Ask before sending option.
You need to disable Chrome notifications on your MacBook through Notification Center. Follow the instructions given below.
- To open the Notification Center on the MacBook, select the Bell icon.
- Then you should select the Settings icon.
- Now, you have to untick the boxes near the websites & services you would not like to get notifications from.
Rosy Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.
Source - Turn Off Google Chrome Notifications