How to Set Up & Use Sonos Speakers on iPhone or iPad?
Sonos speakers are amazing when it comes to sound quality, built, and bass. You can also connect them with iOS devices. The process to do so is not too difficult. Follow the guidelines mentioned below and learn how to set up and use your Sonos speakers with an iPhone or iPad.
Sonos App Download for iPad & iPhone
If you want to download the Sonos application for iPad & iPhone, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- First of all, navigate to the App Store on your iPad & iPhone.
- After that, go to the search bar.
- Then you should type Sonos into the search bar.
- thereafter select the app and tap on getting.
- Later, tap on Install.
Organize the Sonos Speaker
You can organize the Sonos speaker on the iOS device. Here are the instructions for doing so.
- Get started by opening the Sonos Controller application on your iOS device.
- After that, you should tap on Create account option.
- Then you should input your email ID & a strong password.
- You have to switch the toggle to accept the terms & conditions.
- Thereafter, select Create Account.
- Later, navigate to the email ID to verify the address.
- Now, select the Confirm email ID option.
- After that, you should back to the Sonos application.
- Then tap on Continue.
- To start setting up the speakers, tap on Continue again.
- Later, you will be asked to choose between the Standard or BOOST network. You can select according to your preference.
- Tap on Next to start setting up the first speaker.
Use an Existing System:
- To get started, go to the Sonos Controller application on your iOS device.
- After that, select the More option.
- Then choose Settings.
- Thereafter, you should select Add a Player or SUB option.
- Now, go with the steps below beneath “Add a new speaker.”
Adding a New Speaker:
- First, you have to plug n the Sonos speaker to a power outlet.
- After that, tap on Next.
- When you see a green flashlight on the Sonos device, tap on continue.
- Sonos will find any suitable speakers for its system. Select the one you would like to set up.
- Then find the pairing button on the Sonos device and tap on it, then leave.
- When the device connects, tap on Next.
- Later, select the room wherever you want to set up the Sonos speaker.
- Now, choose Next.
Complete the Set-Up Process:
- First & foremost, if the Sonos device updates available, you will tap on Next & start the update process.
- After finishing the update, tap on Continue.
- Then your Sonos device will register to the account automatically.
- To use the process of Trueplay tuning process of Sonos.
- When the set up has completed, tap on Done.
Set Up Sonos & Alexa:
- If your Sonos device is Alexa-enabled, then you should tap on “Sign in to Amazon.”
- After that, you should input the Amazon details & tap on login.
- The tap on “I agree.”
- Thereafter tap on Continue.
- Later, open the Alexa application on your iPhone.
- Now, select the hamburger icon.
- Then tap on Skills.
- Beneath Search all skills, input Sonos.
- Now, tap on Enable Skill.
To Adding Apple Music or Another Music Streaming Service to the Sonos Speaker
If you want to add Apple Music or another music streaming service to the Sonos speaker, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Open the Sonos Controller application on your device.
- After that, you should tap on More.
- Then you have to tap on Add Music Services.
- Thereafter tap on the streaming service you would like to add.
- Later, tap on Add to Sonos.
- Now, tap on the option to connect the service.
- After that, approved the streaming service with the account details.
- Then you should return to the Sonos application & tap on Continue to finish the process.
Playing a Streaming Service on the Sonos Speakers
You can play a streaming service on the Sonos speakers. The instructions are given below.
- First, you have to go to the Sonos Controller application.
- After that, tap on the Browse option.
- Then choose the streaming service you would like to add.
- Thereafter choose the content you would like to stream.
- Tap on Play Now.
Adding Content to My Sonos in the Sonos Application
If you want to add content to my Sonos in the Sonos application, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- To begin with, navigate to the Sonos Controller application.
- After that, select the Browse option.
- Then choose the streaming service you would like to use.
- Thereafter, you should choose the content you would like to add to My Sonos.
- Select the More button near to the content.
- Now, tap on Add to My Sonos.
Rosy Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.
Source - Use Sonos Speakers on iPhone or iPad