How To Run Android Apps On A Chromebook
Do you want to run Android apps on your Chromebook but don’t know how to do it? Keep reading this post. This post will be an easy guide for youto get Android apps on a Chromebook. Having an Android app on your Chromebook provides you an opportunity to play some popular games and to do many more things. Let’s explore the topic and learn everything about setting up a Chromebook to get Android apps.
Do all Chromebooks support Android apps?
If the Chromebook on which you want to use Android apps has been launched in 2017 or after this year, the chances are Android apps can be run. You can ensure about it in two ways. Let’s see them.
- Visit the Chromium website.
- You will see a long list of Google Play Store supported devices.
- Use Ctrl+F(on a Windows PC) to check your Chromebook using its model name.
- If your device is found in the list, you can get Google Play Store access.
If you don’t remember the model name, then, in that case, you can use your Chromebook’s settings to make sure about Google apps’ support. Here is how to check it.
- Please turn on your Chromebook and sign in to it.
- Now go to Settings cog.
- Choose Apps.
- You will have a Google Play Store option if your Chromebook is compatible with it, meaning you can use Android apps.
What to do if your Chromebook doesn’t support the Google Play Store
There are many Chromebooks that were launched in 2017 or before this year without the support of Android apps. But many of them got the support over time with a software update. If you don’t see the Play Store on your Chromebook, you should try through a software update with the latest version. Here is how to do it.
- Take your Chromebook, turn it on and sign in to it.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose the About Chrome OS option.
- Hit on the option called Check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen directions to finish the update process.
After updating the software, again go to the settings of your Chromebook and check for the Play Store support. If still, the Play Store option doesn’t appear in the settings, you should go for a new model.
Ways to enable the Play Store on a Chromebook
- Take your Chromebook and go to Settings.
- Hit on the option called Apps.
- You will see a button next to the Play Store. You have to turn the button on.
- Now you are all set with the Google Play Store to download apps. You will see it in the app drawer.
Ways to download apps on Chromebook
- Access your Chromebook.
- Find the app drawer.
- Choose the Google Play Store and let it open.
- Find an app to download.
- Hit the Install button to get the app on your Chromebook.
After installing an app, you can see it in the app drawer on the Chromebook.
Can all apps be used on Chromebooks? You may have a question in your mind about the apps used on Chromebooks. Can all apps be used on Chromebooks? The simple answer to this question is that there are some apps that are specially optimized for Chromebooks to work with full potential. You can also use an unoptimized app, but it will appear in a mobile phone format. If you use an unoptimized app, you will not get an experience like an optimized app.
Harry Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles for Fegon Group on Norton Products, Webroot Products, McAfee Products, Microsoft Office and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience. To get in touch with the internet security service provider, just dial 8445134111.
SOURCE : Run Android Apps On A Chromebook