How to Reinstall McAfee After Formatting Your Device?
Were you using McAfee antivirus before formatting your PC or Mac? If yes, then you probably want to reinstall it on your device. Have you replaced your hard drive and want to get the McAfee and your subscription back again? If yes, then we are here to help.
Whatever the issue is, you can easily install a new copy of your McAfee antivirus and continue the subscription on your formatted device. Reinstalling McAfee in your device is very important because if you don’t do that, then your device can remain unprotected. This article will give you step by step guide to reinstall McAfee antivirus on your device. Let’s dive in.
How to Uninstall McAfee from your Device?
- Hit the Start key on your keyboard.
- Now navigate to the Control Panel.
- Then head to Programs and Features.
- Choose McAfee and click on Uninstall and see the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
How to Reinstall McAfee Without Paying a Single Penny?
If you have previously subscribed to a McAfee plan then uninstalled it due to a reason then you can activate the new copy of McAfee with the same account. You won’t need to repurchase a new plan just make sure that you have the McAfee account ID and password.
If you got an unused McAfee license, then you can easily use this license to activate your McAfee antivirus in any device. No matter if you uninstalled it or formatted you whole PC, you can activate your antivirus without buying a new plan.
Here’s how to Reinstall McAfee antivirus to your Mac or PC:
1. Open the “home.mcafee.com” link on the device in which you want to activate the antivirus.
2. Go to My Accounts and then navigate to “Sign In.”
3. Enter your McAfee Email address and password.
4. Hit the “Log In” button.
5. Now navigate to “My Account” again.
6. Head to “Subscription.”
7. Now tap on the “Add Device” option which is located to the “McAfee subscription.”
8. Now choose the “Device Type.”
9. Hit the Download button.
10. Choose the McAfee product.
11. Hit the Download button once more.
12. Now read the McAfee License Agreement carefully and then accept it.
13. After that, note down the serial number in a safe place because you will need it later.
14. Then press Download.
15. Run the installation Setup file located on the Downloads folder.
16. Follow the On-screen instructions to complete the installation.
This is how you can continue you previously purchased plan in a formatted computer.
Rosy Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.