What is A Broken Link
In simple words, broken links are the links that don’t work anymore. This means, when you click on a link, instead of taking to the respective page, it shows an error. The page maybe doesn’t exist anymore or moved to a different location.
“This page isn’t available the link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.” When a message as such appears, you know the link is broken. But the question is why? Well, there are several many reasons. We have pointed out some major issues behind a dead link.
Why Do Links Turn Into Broken Links?
- When you delete a page or move it to a different location.
- If you change a page URL but forget to update the link in other places.
- Broken links can occur as a result of an unsuccessful move to a new host.
- Change in your website’s domain name can cause dead links as well.
- Can happen while migrating from other platforms to WordPress.
- In case you linked a third-party website and changed or removed the link.
- Human errors like using wrong attributes or spelling mistakes while setting a WordPress hyperlink.
- Sometimes, plugins you use can have an effect too.
Click for Details about "How to Fix Broken Links in WordPress Site"