Post Diwali: Drinks And Ways For Lungs Detox
It is that time of year again, after a long weekend of festivities when you gain a few extra pounds from bingeing on mithai. Also, your lungs and the atmosphere get filled with smoke from burning all the crackers.
Respiratory issues, including coughing, cold, and congestion, can be brought on by the smoke. Those who have asthma or have trouble breathing will find it considerably harder.
So, what are your thoughts? Is it the right time for lung detoxification? Indeed, it is! But how? Continue to scroll!
You can detox your lungs naturally with the help of your health specialists, ToneOp.
Clearing Your Lungs With Drinks
Here are several easy-to-prepare beverages that ease shortness of breath and are fantastic for lung detox. Let us look at them!
1. Detox With Cinnamon And Turmeric
Cinnamon Powder- ½ tsp
Turmeric Powder- ¼ tsp
Honey- 1 tsp
Ginger- ¼ inch
Lemon juice- ½ tsp
Mulethi powder: ½ tsp
Basil- 3-4 leaves
Water- 1 Cup
1. Heat a cup of water in a pan.
2. Add grated ginger and shattered bits of basil leaves and boil.
3. Add the mulethi powder, cinnamon powder, and turmeric when the water begins to boil.
4. Once the mixture is boiled, turn off the flame.
5. Strain into a cup, then stir in honey and lemon juice.
6. Blend thoroughly, then drink it warm.
How Can It Be of Use?
Ingredients in the detox will soothe your throat, nose, and lungs from the smoke. Moreover, substances like honey, cinnamon, lemon, and basil have anti-inflammatory effects that ease airway congestion.
2. Green Tea
Several antioxidants in green tea can aid in lessening lung inflammation. In addition, green tea's chemical composition may even shield lung tissue from the harmful consequences of inhaling smoke.
3. Cinnamon, Dry Ginger, And Turmeric Powder
You can drink turmeric, dry ginger powder, and cinnamon powder with or without water. The lungs are better able to function and are helped to detoxify.
Coffee Home Remedies For Lung Detox
Home remedies work well for clearing the lungs of post-Diwali smoke. Moreover, they work well while being safe.
1. Steam Inhalation With Mint Leaves
1. Bring the water to a boil.
2. Use the steam inhaler or facial sauna, or carefully pour hot water into the large bowl or little tub.
3. Next, sprinkle some mint leaves into the water.
4. Put a towel over your head.
5. With your eyes closed, squat down until you are between 10 and 12 inches from the hot water.
6. Spend five to ten minutes breathing slowly through your nose.
2. Foot Bath In Hot Water
1. Wear minimalistic clothes.
2. Get a bucket filled with hot water.
3. Place it in front of the chair you are sitting in.
4. Drink a glass of water.
5. Place the cold-pressed towel on your head.
6. Dip your legs into the water for 15-20 minutes.
7. You will start sweating profusely.
8. Take a quick cold sponge or cold shower and rest in Shavasana for 10-15 minutes.
3. Epsom Salt Detox Bath
This bath detoxifies the body while easing stress and reducing muscle discomfort.
Add warm water to the bathtub.
Add one tbsp of coconut oil and five drops of lavender oil.
After the water in the bathtub till it has reached a level high enough to cover your body from the shoulders down.
Pour in two cups of Epsom salt.
Use your hand or foot to stir the water to help the salt dissolve.
Spend at least an hour in the water.
Simple Lung Detox Pranayama
Here are two simple pranayama exercises for lung cleansing.
1. Nadi Shuddhi
Sit with your shoulders back and your spine straight.
Maintain your left hand with the palms facing the sky on your left knee.
Keep the thumb on the right nostril and the little and ring fingers on the left.
Your fingers should open or close the left nostril while your thumb should be used for the right.
Exhale through the left nostril while keeping your thumb pressed against the right nostril.
Now inhale through your left nostril while pressing the left nostril with your ring and little fingers.
Take your right thumb off your right nostril while exhaling.
Now inhale through your right nostril while exhaling through your left.
Continue breathing in and out through both nostrils. You have now finished one round.
Finish by breathing in and out through both nostrils alternately.
Inhale via the same nostril with which you last exhaled.
Continue taking slow, deep breaths with closed eyes.
Maintain an upright posture sitting comfortably.
Put your hands on your knees, palms facing the sky.
As you inhale, relax.
Pull your belly button back toward your spine as you exhale as much as is comfortable.
Put your right hand on your stomach to feel the contracts.
As your belly and navel are relaxed, air enters your lungs.
One Kapal Bhati round is 20 breaths.
After the round, close your eyes and feel your body.
Follow these recommendations before smoking damages your health and results in more severe issues.
Wrapping it up! These are the ways you can detox your lungs. However, if the symptoms last longer, you must visit the doctor.