Why Rishikesh Yogis?
Rishikesh Yogis Yogashala is located in Rishikesh (India). The school provides 200hrs, 300 hrs, and 500hrs yoga teacher training courses registered from Yoga Alliance in Rishikesh. We offer Yoga Alliance accredited Yoga Teacher Training Certificated Courses. Training is given on various traditional styles of yoga-like Ashtanga Vinyasa, Classical Hatha yoga, Kundalini yoga, Nada Yoga, Atma yoga, and a wide variety of meditations.
We believe that yoga has no end and that just sharing from the surface is not a correct method of sharing the knowledge of yoga. Understanding the teachings of yoga need lots of purification not only physical but also mental and emotional. This is what you will find in our program where we focus on lots of purification practices. Once your different levels of the body are purified you can easily experience the connection between your body and mind that will make you more close to your pure self.
- In this training, students will deepen their understanding of each asana taught with their focused awareness on not just the physical body but also on targeted chakras with an awareness of breath and prana.
- Introducing the concept of Kriya
- Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha and Shatkriya Session Topics Pranayama SessionThis session on Traditional techniques of Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha and Shatkriya sessions will constitute learning sessions on various pranayama techniques chosen from-
- Activating e.g. Bhastrika, Kapalbhati, Swan Pranayama, Agnisara kriya
- Cooling e.g. Sheetali, Sheetkari
- Balancing e.g. Nadi Shodhana with different ratios of Puraka, Rechaka and Kumbhaka and
- Tranquilizing category e.g. Bhramari, Ujjayi. Students will also learn to practice advanced pranayama in conjunction with energy locks (bandha) and mudras.
In the mudra section, we will be teaching practical techniques of Yoga Mudras chosen from five major categories-
- Hand Mudra e.g. Chin Mudra, Gyana Mudra, Hridaya Mudra, Yoni Mudra, Bhairava Mudra
- Head Mudra e.g. Shambhavi, Nasikagra Drishti or Aghochari mudra, Bhoochari Mudra, Khechari mudra, Akashi Mudra
- Postural Mudra e.g. Vipreet Karani Mudra, Prana Mudra, Yoga Mudra
- Bandha Mudra (Lock Mudra) e.g Maha Mudra
- Adhara Mudra (Perineal Mudra) e.g. Ashwini mudra, Vazroli, and Sahjoli mudra
In the Bandha practice, they will learn and practice the techniques of 4 bandhas-
- Jalandhar Bandha
- Uddiyana Bandha
- Mula Bandha
- Maha Bandhas
These bandhas will be taught in conjunction with pranayama techniques.
Every weekend will be dedicated for learning and practicing the techniques of different Shatkriyas such as Jal Neti, Neti with Catheter, Kunjal, Laghu Shankhaprakshalana (Intestinal wash) along with Nauli, Kapalbhati, and Trataka.
Practical Meditation Session
In this practical meditation session, students will learn the techniques of practicing different meditation techniques sourced from Tantras and Upanishads.
The different meditation techniques taught during the course are
- Yoga Nidra
- Prana Nidra
- Ajapa Japa Dharana in Spiral Psychic Passage
- Chakra Shuddhi
- Ajna Chakra Dharana
- Tattva Dharana on symbols and expressions of Tattvas
- Tattva Shuddhi
- Trataka on candle and Yantras.