There seems to be no need to formally introduce the TikTok App. In just 6 years, the app has become a top competitor for social sites like YouTube and Instagram. The success of TikTok is unbelievable and nobody could predict its swift rise to fame. TikTok is now worth more than $50 billion in USD and has over one billion downloads in 200 markets worldwide in 39 languages.
YouTube existed long before TikTok as a video creation and sharing platform. But the idea of short-form videos introduced an opportunity for a variety of video-makers to leverage the platform and create new content. The app was previously known as musical.ly which later turned into the TikTok App owned by the company ByteDance. The concept of 15-second videos has blown away the market and created a new market for video editing apps with modern features.
Market Report of TikTok
TikTok launched in September 2016 in China under the name Douyin. It earned global popularity when it became known as TikTok in the US. TikTok is available in 200 countries across the globe in 39 languages. The app ranks 6th regarding the number of users it has across the world and has over 2 billion downloads in the Play Store and 33 million downloads in the Apple App Store. The latest statistics show that there are 1 Billion active users on TikTok and the average age of 41% of TikTok users is between 10 to 24 years old.
What Makes TikTok So Famous?
TikTok, a video-sharing app for short durations, is available. You can act, dance, sing and present your art with prerecorded music. TikTok is a popular app for young people who want short-form entertainment and creative freedom.
TikTok gives users the chance to make connections with others around the globe and create a personalized feed of the best content. Artificial Intelligence is used to determine what content is most popular for a user and then displays random videos from other creators within the "For You" feed.
You can also take audio from another video and create your own content. The app is highly entertaining because it offers endless content. The main attraction is the length of the video. It takes just 15 seconds to watch a complete video, which leads to the addictive use of the TikTok app. The platform supports 15-second video generation. Many expect it to become viral. With millions of people viewing TikTok videos every single day, virality is easy. All users need to do is act for just 15 seconds.
TikTok is popular not only among its users but also among businesses who are closely following the app's development. There are now many TikTok-like apps and TikTok Clone. Searches for keywords such as " Create TikTok Clone App" and "Develop App Like TikTok" are on the rise. The chances of finding a low-quality application increase when the number grows so quickly. This industry is dominated by people who are driven to make a quick buck and lose more because of poor quality development. Many business owners are eager to get into this market, but they don't have the necessary knowledge to build an app like the TikTok app. Even after many modifications, we have yet to see any TikTok competitors. People need to be more focused on the TikTok App Development process than rushing to get their app to users. Hire a Mobile App Development Company with years of experience building apps and delivering top-quality results.
How to make an app like TikTok
Locate Video Content Consumers
The TikTok team did a great job in identifying and understanding their target audience. They are between 16-24 years old. It was discovered that young consumers don't have the patience to view too many pieces of content. This principle forms the foundation for all features in the app. You can begin to develop the next part of your app once you have a clear understanding of who your target audience is, what their demographics are, and what their psychographics are. Next, you need to figure out how much it will cost to build an app.
Learn about Variations and Budget:
The development process is governed by cost. The cost of the TikTok app development depends on how many features are included and the unique UI/UX design. This will impact overall costs. It is estimated that the cost will be between $30,000 and $40,000, but this is only a rough estimate. The features you include can also affect the price.
Choose a method of development:
You should consider all options for custom app development due to the extensive feature set and lengthy process of developing an app. An in-house team to develop a TikTok application can be more expensive than outsourcing, and it can be difficult to manage. In-house teams can increase costs by requiring hardware investment, space, and separate rates for various roles such as Tester, Designer, and Developer. A better option is to hire a company that offers Mobile Application Development services and has a strong reputation in the same area.
You don't need to worry about every aspect of the creation or delivery of your TikTok-like App/TikTok Clone.
What are the Characteristics?
- Login and Register: This is the most basic and essential feature that a mobile app developer must provide. There are many options available for signing up, including an email address and a mobile number. You may also link your account with another social media site.
- Edit Profile: Users can customize their profile by using the edit profile feature. This allows them to add a bio and profile picture as well as a username.
- Video editing: Apps such as TikTok allow users to share short-form videos. Your app must include a seamless video editor that supports cropping, filters, and audio overlap to enable users to create dubbed videos.
- TikTok's like and comments feature allows users to comment, like, dislike, and share videos. When users interact with posts or other content, this is another feature they will expect from your app.
- Sharing: An app similar to TikTok offers a video sharing and reporting feature. This is because content cannot be shared or spread across platforms and other media. You can also share your content to other social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp.
- Search: To make it easier for users to find relevant content, search features are essential. Searches can be made by using different criteria such as username, genre, hashtags, and many more.
- Settings: Users can modify their passwords, unblock blocked users, change notification settings, and monitor blocked users.
- Filters and effects: TikTok offers a variety of filters and effects to enhance your videos. Other features include screen flipping and speeding up videos. You can also zoom in on angles. The app can be attractive to more people by offering different filters and effects.
- Music Library: TikTok has a built-in music collection that can be edited by third-party editors. You can select from a variety of songs to be able to dance, lip-sync or act out before recording. You can also add music or sound effects to an already recorded video.
- Live streaming: This feature is very popular in video creation apps. Live streaming allows you to interact with popular TikTok accounts and live events.
- Duet: The unique feature of TikTok is the ease with which different content creators can collaborate to create new videos. TikTok allows users to select a video from any artist, and then collaborate by creating their own video and sharing it with other artists.