Portugal Golden Visa: How to Apply for a Portugal Business Visa
What is Portugal Golden Visa and How to Apply Portugal Business Visa
For those of you who want to start a business in Portugal, Portugal Golden Visa (also known as Investor Visa) may be an option you are considering. However, before applying, it's important to know what it involves and if you qualify! Here's what you need to know to find out if you can apply for it and how to proceed if you decide to go ahead with it.
If you're looking for a place to start or grow your business, Portugal might be the perfect option. The country is in need of investment and, as such, have made it easier than ever to get started with their Golden Visa program by Portugal residency by investment option. By acquiring the visa, investors can not only start a business but also receive European Union (EU) residency.
Requirements and Documents Needed to Apply
- To apply for a Portugal Golden Visa, you must have an investment of €250,000 or more in property or businesses.
- If your investment is in property, it must be fully owned and you are able to provide the title deeds upon application.
- If your investment is in businesses, it must be documented by original share certificates from the company.
- You will also need four passport photos and any required tax returns from the previous two years. In order to process your application, you should submit the documents at least 30 days before travelling to Portugal.
- In addition, if you are married, both spouses must sign their applications. The visa lasts for one year and can be renewed annually thereafter with an additional investment of €150,000 per year.
Frequently Applying Countries
A person who resides in one of the following countries may be eligible to apply for the Portugal Business Country Residence Permit under the Category Golden Residence Permit: China, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia and Laos. Persons who live in these countries may also have an option of applying under the Category Investor Residence Permit.
Who Can Qualify For a Portugal E-Visa?
The Portugal Golden Visa is similar to the United States EB-5 visa program and is ideal for investors who have an annual income of at least €30,000 or have an additional yearly disposable income of at least €50,000. In order to apply, you will need a personal interview as well as an original business plan outlining your investment in Portuguese companies. There are a few requirements that also must be met before applying including ten-year residency in the country and family ties. Once approved, you will be granted with an indefinite stay permit.
Though the process may seem daunting, knowing how to apply for the Portugal golden visa will help make your life as an entrepreneur easier. Once you get through it all, you'll be able to experience what so many of us only dream about - living and working in Europe! Plus, with a much lower cost of living, lower taxes and a whole host of other benefits; there's never been a better time to follow your entrepreneurial dreams and relocate. So if you are interested to expand your business from Dubai, UAE or Abu Dhabi to Portugal, you can contact us for the Portugal Investment Visa.