Are you traveling to Menorca by road next year? Whether you choose to rent a car at Mahon airport or drive your car to the island, traveling on the Spanish land requires certain security documents and permits. You would also want to know whether your driver’s license is valid in Spain or not. Don’t forget to carry the actual vehicle and driver documents below mentioned.
We have curated a list of important certificates that you will have to furnish to the Car rental company at Menorca.
You may not be permitted to drive if you do not possess the documents listed under the ‘Mandatory section.’
- A valid driving license.
- National ID card
- Valid vehicle insurance certificate
- Vehicle original registration document
- Two Warning Triangles
- Reflective Jackets for anyone who gets out of the car on the main road.
What Driver’s License is Valid in Spain?
All international driving licenses and European Union driving licenses are permitted in Spain. However, international driving licenses are only valid for 1 year. To obtain an international driving license, you must have a license to drive in your country.
If you are driving your car, you must obtain a temporary circulation permit for your car from customs. If you are settling down in Menorca, you must register your car in Spain once the permit expires. You must add an oval sticker of your country’s flag on the vehicle number plate to indicate your country to the local authorities.
Insurance certificate conditions vary with each traveler’s country. Therefore, we suggest that you verify the prerequisites from the Spanish Embassy, the Car Rental Company in Menorca, or your travel agent.
car hire Menorca
How to Rent a Car at Mahon Airport
To rent a Car from Binicars – a leading car hire service provider in Menorca, you must be 21 years old and have a valid international driving license. You must have a clean driving history. Generally, the rates tend to change based on the driver’s age, car type, and gear type.
car hire Menorca airport
Important Rules to Remember When Driving in Spain
- Drive on the right side.
- Safety belts are compulsory for all occupants.
- International travelers must carry all necessary documents.
- You must follow the speed limits to avoid tickets.
- overtaking is allowed from the left side only.
- rent a car Mahon airport
- Smaller children (height less than 135 cm) must sit on the back seat only and use a child-restraint system.
- You must carry a child-restraint system if you rent a car or travel a local taxi.