If there is one parameter that customers never compromise on, it is the safety of their personal information. With lots of speculations regarding data theft and mishandling, on-demand platforms have an immense responsibility to uphold customers’ private information securely. Even though food delivery platforms take prior permission from users when it comes to personal information, a majority of the population taps the ‘allow’ option without even looking at the company’s privacy policies and terms & conditions.
An entrepreneur needs to maintain this trust to enhance the platform’s sustainability. In this blog, let’s look at some of the privacy policies of top food delivery apps like UberEats, Deliveroo, and Just Eat. Besides, we’ll also look at how an entrepreneur can ensure the privacy of user information in an UberEats clone.
- UberEats: The app collection location information. Moreover, it has access to view your activity on the app. Besides, UberEats shares data with third-party applications like LinkedIn, Facebook, Adobe, etc.
- Deliveroo: This food delivery app collects your essential information like name, age, and contact details. Besides, the app gathers health information voluntarily. Moreover, similar to UberEats, this platform also shares data with Snapchat, Twitter, Google.
- Just Eat: This platform gathers personal information, buying habits, and payment details. For advertising and branding, the platform shares information with social media handles like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
The importance of ensuring privacy
Mishandling personal information can lead to customers’ neglecting your platform and looking out for alternatives. Some of the ways of ensuring privacy throughout your food delivery community include,
- Working on the app’s back-end: Most entrepreneurs focus on the platform’s visual appeal and feature-set, giving very little attention to its back-end. This negligence is one of the main reasons for data theft and cyber-attacks.
- Restricted access to user data: Provide only selective admins to access user information. Too many admins having access to data can lead to the mishandling of customer information.
- Collect only necessary information: Do not load your servers and databases with unwanted information. Gather only the vital information, thereby maintaining your back-end efficiently.
In this modern world, privacy is a matter of concern for every customer. Top delivery platforms are finding it challenging to store user information securely. By having a robust back-end in your UberEats clone, you needn’t worry about data theft or mishandling. Reach out to an app development company and initiate your app development today!