Textile Dyes Market Introduction
- Dyes are substances that provide color by specific process when applied to a substrate. The process of dyeing can alter any crystal structure of colored substances. Such dyes with coloring capacity are widely used in textiles, pharmaceuticals, food, cosmetics, and paper industries. Textile dyes are employed on textile materials such as yarns, fibers, and fabrics. Textile dyes include acid dyes that are used mainly for dyeing wool, silk, and nylon; and direct or substantive dyes, which have strong affinity for cellulose fibers.
- Based on type, the textile dyes market can be primarily segmented into cellulose, protein, and synthetic. In terms of dye type, the market can be divided into acid, base, reactive, direct, solvent dyes, disperse dyes, and others. Based on fiber type, the textile dyes market can be segregated into nylon, wool, cotton, polyester, acrylic, viscose, and others. The cotton segment accounted for large share of the market in 2020. Cotton fiber has the capability to retain many dyes. It is washable and can be ironed. These properties drive the demand for cotton clothes. Thus, they are the top mass-produced clothing products. However, viscose is a rapidly growing segment due its low cost and easy dyeing properties.
Request a Sample –
Key Drivers of Textile Dyes Market
- Rise in demand for organic dyes used for sustainable textiles and clothing is driving the textile dyes market. Increase in R&D investment in non-toxic and natural dyes, constant innovation in the textile chemistry, and development of dye systems that consume less water in order to prevent pollution are the major factors driving the textile dyes market. Textile materials can be dyed using semi-continuous, continuous, or batch processes. The textile dyeing process is recognized as one of the most hazardous and environmentally unfriendly industrial processes. Therefore, it is important to understand the critical points of the dyeing process to find alternative eco-friendly methods.
- Rapid expansion of the textile industry is expected to boost the market during the forecast period. Expansion of the textile industry, wherein textile dyes are primarily used as coloring agents for the production of clothing with color esthetics, is also boosting the textile dyes market. Growth of urban population, introduction of new textile products, and significant expansion of the online fashion sector are the prominent factors that are anticipated to augment the demand for textile dyes across the globe.
Restraints of Global Textile Dyes Market
- Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of textile dyes is likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of textile dyes. Companies find it difficult to meet these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the textile dyes market, thereby adversely affecting the market.
- Lack of awareness and less adoption of textile dyes in many developed and underdeveloped countries is projected to restrain the market growth during the forecast period
COVID-19 impact on Textile Dyes Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for textile dyes in many applications. Many governments across the globe have enforced lockdown to curb the spread of the disease. This has resulted in slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown, thereby hampering the demand for textile dyes.
- Key players operating in the textile dyes market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Textile Dyes Market
- Based on region, the textile dyes market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific held major share of the textile dyes market in 2020. This trend is likely to continue during the forecast period. Expansion of the textile industry, wherein textile dyes are primarily used as coloring agents for the production of clothing with color esthetics, is also boosting the textile dyes market.
- Growth of urban population, introduction of new textile products, and significant expansion of the online fashion sector are the prominent factors that are anticipated to augment the demand for textile dyes in Asia Pacific. China and India are the key countries that are anticipated to constitute large share the textile dyes market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- After Asia Pacific, Europe is estimated to hold major share of the market during the forecast period. It is projected to be followed by North America. The textile dyes market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to exhibit sluggish growth rate during the forecast period.
Request for covid19 impact analysis–
Prominent Players in Global Textile Dyes Market
Major players operating in the global textile dyes market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include:
- Allied Industrial Corp, Ltd.
- Sumitomo Chemical
- Huntsman Corporation
- Kiri Industries
- Zhejiang Longsheng Group Co., Ltd
- Archroma Management LLC
- Organic Dyes and Pigments
- Atul Ltd
- Vipul Organics Ltd
- Jihua Group
- S.A. Robama
Companies in the Textile Dyes market have increasingly shifted gears with wide application of digital technology across the continuum, from raw material sourcing to manufacturing to generation of final output, to warehousing to final distribution operations. Among the various affects, the market is witnessing new growth economics due to thinning of line between specialty and commodity businesses that are associated with the larger ecosystem. At the same time, new growth parameters are being vigorously being debated as industry stakeholders put greater emphasis on the circular economy processes.
More Trending Report-