Resolve Roku Error Code 014 | 014.40 | 014.30
Roku Error Code 014 fixing and solution. It is safe to say that most Roku customers here have encountered the dreaded Roku error 014.40 when trying to connect their roku o the wifi. Roku Error 014 Ever wonder what it really is? Why the error is coming up? What is it that you are doing wrong?
We’ll give you a complete overview of Roku Error code 014.40 and tell you how to resolve it. No matter what Roku model you have, while setting up your roku, you are very likely to come across this error. But what is Roku Error 014?
Roku Error 014 while perfoming the Roku Setup, in general entails that the device is not able to get an ip address from your Router. Thus, the device is not able to communicate with the router.
Now there are a number of reasons why the roku might not get a valid ip address. This is properly represented by the device using an error code, in theis case Roku Error 014.40
The proper format for this error is 014.xx where xx is another numeric pair that represents why the roku is not getting a local ip address.
Lets take a step by step approach to this and see how to resolve Roku error 014. First of all this error comes up immediately after you enter your wifi password into the roku. So, here are the possible reasons we have come across that might bring up this error code.
In our experience as support providers for RokuComLink we have come across this issue on a daily basis and can give you some easy steps on how to resolve this issue.
To resolve the Roku error code 014, perform the following steps.
Many reasons can be responsible for the Roku error 014 occurrences. Various customers are facing Roku error code 014 when they try to connect their Roku device to a wireless connection.
It does not matter what model you use of Roku device but there will be the possibility of error occurrence in your device. When you do the Roku setup, the device may not be able to get an IP address from your router.
This way the device is not able to properly communicate with the router. Basically, the proper format of error is 014.xx, where xx tells the Roku, has not found the IP address
These are the following reasons-
• Your router is very far.
• You have entered the wrong password.
• You have enabled a white list on your router.
• Router network setting issue
• Antivirus or firewall is blocking the Roku device access to the internet
You must verify that you have entered the correct password
• Make sure you have placed your router in a near zone, it should not be too far off. The regular router should have a range of 25 feet in close areas. This range is more in the open areas.
• You should unplug your router from electricity. After some gap or rest of a few seconds, you should plug in the router once again.
• You should restart the Roku and try again
• If the Roku device has an ethernet cord, then the code will tell that the wire is not working properly. This is the time for a replacement of wire.
If you see an error message like “Roku error code 014.40” on your Roku device, this means that your device has been affected by the famous Roku error code 014.40. This simply means that Roku cannot connect to the wireless network because you have typed the incorrect password for your network.
Check that you are using the right wireless password for your network and you are using the right network.
The simple step you can do is reboot the router by unplugging it from the power source and plug it back. Also, change the routers wireless security mode to WPA-PSK. This will resolve your error code 014.40.
· Enter the right name of your wireless network- You must select a wireless network that is right and perfect because choosing the wrong one can cause an issue with your wireless network connection to fail.
This is a major reason for Roku error code 014.40 if you are sure that your Roku is connected with the right network, find your wireless network name with the help of Roku com support.
· Enter the password correctly- If you are sure about your wireless password, but still it’s not working then reenter it. It is easy to make a mistake entering your password, and remember that network passwords are case sensitive.
Enter capital letters by using the shift key on the keyboard. If you don’t know the right password, read the blog carefully for finding your wireless network password.
· Restart your Roku device and your router.
· Proceeding your Roku player, go to settings>system>system restart. Also, unplug the Roku device from the power source and wait for a few moments & reconnect it.
· Proceeding your router, confirm the instructions from your ISP or router vendor. In a few cases, you can unplug it & plug it back. In other cases, you may require a pressing reset button on the device.
It may take a few minutes for both devices to restart.
· If you have formerly connected your Roku device to your router, it should automatically reconnect. If it is not, or if you are setting up your Roku device for the first time, complete the network setup process.
Steps you can follow for connecting the Roku to home Wi-Fi:
· Power your Roku device
· Select settings>network>wireless>setup new Wi-Fi connection
· Chose Wi-Fi network from the list
· Enter your wireless password for your home Wi-Fi
· When you get three green checkmarks, it would indicate that your setup is successful.
Call us 1-888-335-1333 if you are not able to resolve this error. We are there for your help for 24 hours and 7 days. We are a company which has its headquarters in the USA. People trust us and we are growing year by year. There is no error in the world which we have not resolved. So just call us without getting any tension.
You will get Roku error code 014.30 if your TCL Roku TV is not getting a strong enough signal from the router. If a password is right and other devices can access the router but you are still failing to connect your wireless network, most likely your problem is with the strength of the wireless signal.
The wireless signal can go weak when you take away your Roku away from router and obstacles like walls between the router and Roku device can also make it weaker.
You may Resolve the Roku error code 014.30 by giving a Restart to the router and Roku device.
· For proceeding the restart to Roku player, go to settings> system> system restart. You may unplug the Roku from the power source and wait for a few seconds and reconnect it.
· Roku Error Code 014.30 For restarting your router, check instructions from your ISP or internet service provider or router vendor. In many cases, you can also unplug it & plug it back to do a restart or in some cases, you may require to press the reset button on the device.
Both Roku and router will take a few minutes to restart.
· If you have connected your Roku to the router in the past, it would automatically reconnect. If it failing to reconnect, or you are setting your Roku for the first time, complete the network setup process.
· From time to time, your Roku may lose connection with the network, similar to how a computer may lose connection to a wireless network. Restarting a device can help in resolving network issues like calling problems, slow data speeds, poor signal, and messaging issues.
· Restarting your device regularly can help in improving performance by closing all of the open background apps that may slow down the performance.
· Our recommendation: Restart your phone every week. If you are having trouble with your phone, a restart (turning it off and then waiting at least 10 seconds to turn it back on) may help clarify the issue.
Roku Error code 014.30 Routers are small computers: They use memory, a processor, & an operating system. And this means they benefit from a fresh start now & then.
Most internet service providers assign a temporary IP address—a series of numbers that function much like a street address—to each of your mobile devices to help them send and receive information. Static addresses are usually reserved for business use but they are more expensive.
The IP address of your device can change at any time. When your router does not catch the change, network connection gets out of sync. So, a quick reboot of your router can set things right.
If you see Roku error code 014.50 messages, it means the Roku player cannot join the local network. We are explaining to you three methods for resolving this error. If you see this red X, try the first method:
· Try rebooting the router by unplugging it from the power source, then plugging it back in.
· Try changing the router’s wireless security mode to WPA-PSK (TKIP).
Talking about my incident of Roku error code 014.50, I would like to tell you how I resolved it. I apologize for upfront if this has been solved but I haven’t seen my symptom reported yet.
When connected my HI sense Roku tv with D Link router, I got fast downloads and 1080p video quality with uninterrupted services all night. The next day I turn on the TV and can’t connect (no IP address). Try reconnecting using the standard network with no luck (Roku error code 014.50).
To solve this, I spend 10 minutes on rebooting my router & Roku system through the secret screen until it finally connected. I also logged in to my router & started changing the wireless channel until Roku is happy again.
Once I reconnect, I’m good for the night and it’s a crapshoot if it reconnects the next day. All my devices were working fine and getting 29mbps download speed through the same router and ISP.
Roku Error code 014.50 was just because of this experiment. My network is set to mixed mode n/g/b, and I have set the router to reserve the same IP for the Hisense or Roku mac just for kicks. The router isn’t in the ideal spot: it’s about 25linear feet away but goes through two internal walls and entertainment center (my other devices connect throughout the house at greater distances/obstacles).
Once connected, the Roku secret antenna screen has one or both antennas in the Green with an SNR of 25 or so. But as I said, it’s a rock star while connected seems to lose its mind after powered off. Roku error code 014.50 was not giving me inconvenience but it was a virtual show stopper for the kids.
· For restarting your Roku error code 014.50, go to settings>system>system restart. Unplug the Roku device from the power source and wait for a few moments and reconnect it.
· For restarting your router, check instructions from your ISP or router vendor. You can unplug it and plug it again and may press the reset button too.
Both the router and Roku will take few minutes for restarting.
You will get Roku error code 014.20 if your Roku is not getting a strong enough wireless signal from the router. If your password is appropriate & other gadgets can access the router, but you are still failing to connect to your wireless network, the most likely problem is the strength of the wireless signal.
Wireless signal gets weak when you go take away your router from Roku. Obstacles like walls and cabinets between your router and Roku will also weaken the signal.
Restart both of your router and the Roku TV. For instructions on how to restart your router, refer to your router’s user manual or visit the Roku com support website.
It would take a few minutes before both the router and Roku restart again. If you have connected your router earlier, your Roku will automatically reconnect. If it’s not automatically reconnecting then complete the network setup process of your Roku device.
If the issue persists, you might have to reset your Roku TV to factory default. This would remove the initial configurations which were made by you on your TV settings and you will have to complete the initial tv setup.
Make sure you have the Roku and other streaming services account information in hand. You will need to re-enter them once the factory reset is completed.
If your password is right and other services can access the router, but your Roku still fails to connect to the wireless network, the problem you can find is with the strength of the wireless signal. Wireless signal gets weaker the farther you take your Roku from router and obstacles between your router & Roku.
· Restart your Roku by going to settings>system>system restart. Unplug Roku from the power source and wait for few seconds & reconnect it.
· Restart your router by checking the instructions from your ISP or router vendor. In most cases, simply unplug it & plug it back again. In other cases, you may require the pressing of the reset button of your router.
Have patience as the router and Roku will take few minutes for restart.
· If you have connected your Roku to the router in the past, it would reconnect automatically. If it’s not, complete the network setup process.
Routers are small computers: They use memory, a processor, & an operating system. And this means they benefit from a fresh start now & then.
Maximum internet service providers assign a temporary IP address—a series of numbers that function like a street address—to each of your devices to help them send and receive information. Static addresses are usually reserved for business use but they are more expensive.
The IP address of your router can change at any time. When your router does not catch the change, network connection gets out of sync. So, a quick reboot of your router can set things right.
Using the above guidelines, it will be very easy for you to resolve the issue. But even if you are not able to resolve the error, then you can visit experts at Rokucomsupport
If after performing these steps, you still see error then, there is a problem with either you network setting or another device on your network is blocking Roku’s access to the router.
In such a case, the best course of action is to Call Roku Support at 1-888-335-1333. So, get handy with your laptop and call Roku Com Support and a technician will get your Roku connected successfully.
Activate your Roku – RokuComLink