You can program your Xfinity Voice Remote to work with your TV and audio/video (AV) receiver, like a sound bar and other pieces of audio equipment.
If you have Xfinity X1 or Xfinity Flex, follow these steps to pair the remote with your TV Box or streaming device – you can even control it when it's out of sight. If you're an Xfinity TV customer without X1 or Flex, see these instructions to program your remote from your non-X1 TV Box instead.
The Xfinity remotes are designed for these services including internet, cable TV, telephone, and wireless. The remote controls come in different models meant for different televisions on the market. Despite being dependable when it comes to service delivery, the remote like most devices can fail, especially when it comes to the voice feature. This has prompted a lot of users to take to online and express their issue. It’s important to try and solve this issue without further damaging your Xfinity remote.
Why Did My Xfinity Remote Stop Working?
There are several reasons you may need to perform a factory reset on your Xfinity remote. For example, you may experience hardware issues such as physical damage or an unresponsive button such as the power button or home button. Or maybe the remote suddenly stops working completely.
However, a factory reset isn’t necessarily the first thing you should try whenever this happens. First, you should check the remote batteries and try changing the dead batteries on your remote. If it doesn’t work, you can try “resynching” the remote with your TV and cable box.
Also, read: The MacBook Air Alternatives
How to Program Your Remote Using The RF Pairing
Install the remote control batteries and make sure your TV and set-top box are powered on. Press and hold the "Setup" button until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
- Press the XFINITY button
- Enter the 3 digit code shown on your screen
- Program your remote using a code
- Turn on the TV you are programming.
- Press and hold the Setup button until the status LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
- Type in the 4-digit or 5-digit code listed below using the number buttons. Additional codes may be found in the remote manual.
- Most likely code.
If the code is entered correctly, the status LED will flash green twice. If the status LED blinks red, then green the code was not entered correctly. Check that you are entering the correct code and try again.
Also, read: How To Set A Wallpaper On Google Chromebook
How To Pair An Xfinity Remote
Once you reset your Xfinity remote, it won’t be paired with your cable box, TV or other devices. Essentially a remote reset means it’s brand new and out of the box. You’ll have to pair it with your devices before you can use it.
Resetting an Xfinity remote means that all the settings you made will be lost. The TV you previously paired your Xfinity remote with will not recognize it anymore. You have to do the pairing again in order to use it.
An Xfinity remote can be synchronized with an Xfinity box to control a TV from up to 50 feet away. Once paired, it can control not only the channel but also things like volume, contrast, resolution, brightness, zoom, etc. You can also go into the Xfinity menus to watch movies or pay per views.
The way you pair an Xfinity remote with a cable box depends on the type of remote you have. There are two main types of remotes: voice control and non-voice control. In the next section we’ll explain how to do it with both style of remote.
Also, read: How To Disconnect From Network on TCL Tv
How To Pair An Xfinity Voice Remote With An Xfinity TV Box
- Aim the Voice Remote at your X1 TV Box or Flex TV Box and press the Microphone (Voice) button.
- Say, Program remote.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions.
- As you progress through the instructions you may see a picture of your remote. Just keep following the instructions until pairing is complete.
- If there was a problem pairing the remote, make sure the batteries are fully charged and that you have a clear line of site from the emote to the TV box. Then repeat the steps.
- Once your Xfinity remote is successfully paired, follow the on-screen instructions to set up power, volume and input control for your TV and audio equipment.
Also, read: HOW TO FIX THE ALTICE REMOTE NOT WORKING ISSUE