How is Artificial Intelligence Making Humans Lazy? | Acemyhomework Writers
How is Artificial Intelligence Making Humans Lazy?
Artificial intelligence technology which is a system that enables computers to perform duties that were initially done by humans is creating a lot of diverse opinions. Some people think that the technology is coming to finish humankind since it will take their jobs. Others feel that the technology is beginning to increase productivity and to provide alternative cheap labor. The points are all valid, but in places where the technology is entirely in use, workers are becoming lazy. Let’s first understand the artificial intelligence technology and how it works.
What is this artificial intelligence?
In simple terms, artificial intelligence is a system that is installed in computers to enable them to work like humans. The systems are designed to perform tasks that humans can do correctly without any supervisions such as speech translation and translation among other visual tasks not forgetting decision making. Artificial intelligence can be said to be any software that can perform duties that initially only humans could execute. There are many programs today that perform different duties like hotel robots that welcome customers in some five-star hotels.
Levels of artificial intelligence
Artificial intelligence is divided into various categories depending on the level of knowledge and the ability to perform duties. They are as follows;
1. Strong and weak
The strong artificial intelligence refers to systems that perform tasks excellently just like humans could execute. In fact, you can rarely differentiate the work done by the strong artificial intelligence and that of a human. Weak intelligence, on the other hand, is the program that can behave like a human but cannot think.
2. Narrow and General
The narrow artificial intelligence is a program designed to execute a specific task while those meant to reason and to decide on what function to perform are known as the general artificial intelligence.
When in need of an intelligence system the categories will help in deciding the program you need to install in your company. However, artificial intelligence has its benefits and downsides as well which are as follows;
• A single artificial intelligence program can perform tasks and deliver on time despite workload which saves on the company expenditure on human labor.
• Artificial intelligence system works excellently and makes no mistakes, unlike humans who are prone to making errors while working time to time.
• The programs are essential when it comes to making faster decisions and carrying out a task immediately.
• Artificial intelligence system takes risks on behalf of people, for instance, researchers can now send the rockets with the installed system to explore the planet Mars.
• Artificial intelligence is now leading to job losses especially to low skilled employees. The employees who carry out the jobs that the system can execute are at high risk of losing their job since it’s cheaper for an employer to have the program than paying them salaries.
• The intelligence system cannot weigh out a situation before making a decision which could be risky sometimes.
In summary, artificial intelligence technology is now making humans lazy in their work. For instance, in countries where the programs are entirely in use, people are not working, and all work is left to the systems to execute. Although artificial intelligence is making jobs more manageable, many humans now rely on the systems instead of working to outsmart the programs. Shortly almost every task will be performed by artificial intelligence programs, and humans will feel the pain of losing jobs if they continue being lazy.
Share this post: on Twitter
© 2019 Acemyhomework Writers - WordPress Theme by Kadence WP