Grid Scale Battery: Introduction
- Grid scale battery enables energy storage on a large scale within electrical power grids. Grid scale battery technology is divided into UPS, electricity transmission and distribution, grid support, and energy management.
- UPS as energy storage plays a significant role in terms of frequency and power quality. An electricity transmission and distribution grid support system uses a technique called Automatic Grid Control (AGC) to balance generation and load. Energy management techniques are generally used in bulk power management for large renewable energy projects such as wind farms.
- The grid scale battery provides benefits and services such as load management, power quality, and uninterruptable power supply to increase efficiency and secure provision of electricity which helps in energy transition and sustainable energy systems
- Grid scale batteries have different applications in pumped-storage hydroelectricity, electric battery, flow battery, flywheel energy storage, supercapacitors etc.
- Grid scale batteries are widely used in ancillary services, renewable integration, firm capacity, and various applications used at the site of renewable energy generation and at transmission and distribution facilities of the power sector
Request a Sample –
Growing Demand for Grid Scale Battery
- Advancement in technology, and growing demand for energy efficient machinery and energy storage can offer different opportunities for grid scale battery. Demand for grid scale battery is rising due to need for energy production from renewable sources such as solar photovoltaic and wind power to enhance stability and reliability of grids.
- Renewable energy sources such as wind and solar energy are dependent on weather conditions which reduces its efficiency; hence the integration of renewable energy systems with grid scale batteries can help to remove these shortcomings and provide uninterrupted power supply
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Grid Scale Battery Market
- Asia Pacific is the fastest growing grid scale battery market due to rapid industrialization and urbanization which consequently increases the demand for electricity. Thus, increasing focus on rural electrification using grid scale batteries offers huge opportunities for the growth of the grid scale battery market in Asia Pacific
- A growing renewable sector positively affects the growth of the grid scale battery market due to the continuously growing population and their demand for electricity
- Demand for lithium-ion battery is increasing due to technological innovations and improved manufacturing capacity, as these batteries have high energy density, fast recharge capability, and high discharge power. This boosts the growth of the global grid scale battery market in Asia Pacific.
- Increasing need for system flexibility and increased usage of grid scale battery with renewable energy systems in the residential sector and in power systems helps in the growth of the grid scale battery market
Request for covid19 impact analysis –
Key Players Operating in the Global Grid Scale Battery Market
- Panasonic Corporation
- Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd.
- Samsung SDI Co. Ltd.
- BYD Co. Ltd.
- LG Chem Ltd.
- Hitachi Ltd.
- NGK Insulators Ltd.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
Global Grid Scale Battery Market: Research Scope
Global Grid Scale Battery Market, by Type
- Lithium-ion Battery
- Lead Acid Battery
- Flow Battery
- Sodium Based Battery
Global Grid Scale Battery Market, by Application
- Renewable Integration Battery
- Peak Shift Battery
- Ancillary Service Battery
- Back-up Power Battery
Global Grid Scale Battery Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Companies in the Grid Scale Battery market have increasingly shifted gears with wide application of digital technology across the continuum, from raw material sourcing to manufacturing to generation of final output, to warehousing to final distribution operations. Among the various affects, the market is witnessing new growth economics due to thinning of line between specialty and commodity businesses that are associated with the larger ecosystem. At the same time, new growth parameters are being vigorously being debated as industry stakeholders put greater emphasis on the circular economy processes.
More Trending Report-