Maroondah Tree Works Permits | ArborCraft Tree Services Melbourne, VIC
Under the Maroondah Planning Scheme, a planning permit is required for:
- Removal of trees within a Significant Landscape Overlay (SLO) area - there are SLO exemptions.
- Removal of any native vegetation in a Vegetation Protection Overlay (VPO) area
- Removal of any native vegetation from a property greater than 4000m3 (1 acre).
SLO and VPO areas cover most of Maroondah and can be identified by:
- Using our online mapping - enter your address in the bottom left, then in the upper right hand corner you will see the planning overlays (VPO, SLO etc) that apply to your property
- Visiting the City Offices Service Centre, Braeside Avenue, Ringwood
- Telephoning Statutory Planning Services on 9298 4287, giving your street address.
If multiple controls apply to your land it is recommended that you contact us to discuss how the multiple controls may impact vegetation removal.
If you wish to remove any vegetation that is shown to exist on a previous planning permit landscape plan, regardless of its size or type, you may need to seek a permit amendment or written consent from Council
You do not need to apply for a permit if:
- You are complying with a notice to clear fire hazards, specifically referring to trees or antive vegetation
- Clearance of electricity lines is required (only the minimum to keep the line clear )
- You wish to prune a tree for regeneration or ornamental shaping
- A planning permit that authorised the tree removal has been previously approved for the site and is still valid. You may still need to submit an application to amend an approved landscape plan - please check specific permit requirements by contacting Council.