Factors that affect solar panels efficiency?
Switching to solar is not new at all on the sunshine coast. Every day more and more people are shifting to solar energy from traditional energy sources. If you don’t know the importance of solar sunshine coast, this article will be very helpful to you. Solar panels on the sunshine coast have seen a tremendous rise over the years and today, there are more than 30% of homes have solar power systems or sunshine coast solar.
Solar power efficiency is an important issue to be taken into account before you power up your homes with solar energy. A solar panel consists of solar cells, usually the size of 6 *10, and is exposed to solar energy. The efficiency of a solar panel is a conversion rate as to how much solar energy, it converts into electricity. Generally, it’s around 11-15%. The highest performing rate is 20% in the market today. The quality of a solar panel is evaluated by a whole host of variables. Solar power efficiency is one of the best aspects to consider along with the price and the availability of the roof space.
Factors That Affect Solar Panel Efficiency
- The Type Of Panels
- - The manufacturing material is important to assess the quality of solar panel efficiency. There are mainly two types of solar panels-
- Monocrystalline solar panels
- Monocrystalline is the highest purity silicon; hence, the solar panels are made up of monocrystalline are the most efficient. Moreover, it needs less area compared to other panels. It changes almost a quarter of solar energy into power with huge 25.6% efficiency. There are many other options in the market.
- Polycrystalline solar panels
- Not as efficient as monocrystalline solar panels, it still brings in around 20% efficiency and still improving. The rate of solar panels will go high in future. The real differentiator is an affordable price. It’s the best choice for the person who can afford the Monocrystalline solar panel, making it the most popular panel among panels customers.
- By installing solar in an area free of shade help you achieve more efficient or efficiency output. It differs from home to home and location to location. If you’re living in a neighbourhood where the sunlight is blocked or somehow not reaching the solar system, it will impact the solar panel efficiency considerably. However, micro-inventors can be extremely useful to rectify shading issues.
- Nothing last forever- The efficiency gradually drops down. The life span of a solar panel is around 20 years and it is also assumed to reduce 0.5% efficiency every year.
- Inverter Efficiency
- Inverters turn variable current from the solar power into alternating current and stores it into the grid. It’s a primary feature of a solar panel. Efficient efficiency is endorsed that you use standard inverters to maximize solar panel efficiency.
- The province has a subtropical climate, usually warm and hot throughout the year. Lower temperature decreases solar panel efficiency. Positioning solar panels to a point where they receive sufficient air and sunlight will help keep them warm.
- Besides the location, the position is equally important. It should ideally be angled to reveal maximum sunlight. Consider the important factors before choosing solar power to run your homes or else it will not serve the purposes. We’re just a call away. Get in touch with us or call us on our given number.