As long as you keep your hair healthy, there are no limits to the ways you can style it! If you want to add some spice to your styling routine, try these eight techniques on your braid wigs to give them a chic look. In addition to being trendy, these hairstyles can be great if you’re looking for something easy and low-maintenance, too!
1) Get The Right Hair
When it comes to braided wigs, the quality of your hair is important. You want to make sure that you get a wig that is made with real human hair. This way, you can style it and brush it just like your own hair. Synthetic wigs will not give you the same look or feel as real hair, so be sure to invest in a good quality wig.
2) Have the Right Lace Front Wig
Lace front wigs are the perfect way to achieve the style you want without having to worry about your own hair. They come in a variety of colors and styles, so you can find one that perfectly suits your needs. Plus, they're easy to apply and remove, so you can change your look as often as you like.
3) How to Pre-Styling
Before you even put your wig on, there are a few things you can do to set the stage for a great style. First, start with clean, dry hair. If your hair is oily, use a dry shampoo at the roots to absorb excess oil. Next, detangle your hair with a wide-tooth comb to avoid damaging your wig or creating tangles. Once your hair is prepped, it's time to style!
4) Styling Under Lights
When you’re under the lights, your wig will absorb more heat than usual. This can cause your hair to frizz and your scalp to sweat. To prevent this, use a light hold hairspray on your roots and mid-lengths before you leave the house. When you arrive at your destination, touch up your hair with a cool shot from a blow dryer. This will help set your style and keep your hair in place all night long.
5) Styles for Small Faces
If you have a small face, you may feel like your options for hairstyles are limited. But don't worry - braid wig are the perfect way to make a statement without overwhelming your features. Here are eight ways to style your braided wig for a chic look:
1. Pull half of your hair back into a low ponytail or bun. This will help accentuate your cheekbones and give the illusion of a fuller face.
2. Braid the front section of your hair and secure it with a clear elastic band. This will keep your hair out of your face and help create the illusion of an elongated forehead.
6) Styles with Body Wave Hair
1. Start by creating a deep side part.
2. Then, take small sections of hair and curl them away from your face using a curling iron.
3. Next, braid the sections of hair that you just curled and secure the braids with bobby pins.
4. Finally, mist your hair with a light-hold hairspray to keep everything in place.
5. For a more casual look, try wearing your braided wig with a hat or headband.
6. If you’re looking to dress up your style, try accessorizing with some sparkly hairpins or a pretty scarf.
7) Curly Weave Hairstyles
1. If you're looking for a quick and easy way to style your braided wig, try a curly weave hairstyle. Simply take small sections of hair and curl them with a curling iron or hot rollers.
2. Another great option is to create loose waves by wrapping sections of hair around your finger and then running a flat iron over them.
3. For a more formal look, try French braiding the front section of your hair back from your face and securing it with bobby pins. Then, take the rest of your hair and curl it into loose waves or curls.
4. If you want to add some extra volume to your braided wig, try backcombing the roots before you start braiding.
8) The Long Ponytail
The long ponytail is a chic and easy way to style your braided wig. Simply gather all of your hair into a high ponytail and secure with a hair tie. If you have shorter layers, you can curl them or leave them natural. Then, take a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the hair tie to create a neat finish. You can also add some accessories like beads or flowers for a fun and unique look.