How Do I Become a Successful NDIS Provider in Melbourne?
Are you thinking about becoming one of the most successful NDIS providers in Melbourne? If so, you’re in the right place. In this blog post by Lofa Consulting, NDIS expert trusted by many NDIS service providers, we’ll outline everything you need to know about registering as a disability provider in Melbourne, including what paperwork you need to submit and how to get started.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a Federal Government initiative that provides funding for disability services and support. In order to become an NDIS disability provider in Melbourne, your organisation must be registered with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
Becoming an NDIS disability provider in Melbourne is a straightforward process, but it’s important to make sure that you have all the necessary documentation before proceeding. Once you’re registered, there are a few things you need to do in order to ensure continued compliance with the scheme requirements. Keep reading our blog for more tips on how to be a successful NDIS provider.
Two Primary Ways to Become One of Successful NDIS Registered Providers
1. Register as a Sole Trader or Individual
If you choose to register as a sole trader or individual, you will need to provide the following documentation:
- A completed application form
- A copy of your birth certificate or passport
- A copy of your driver’s license or other photo ID
- A completed criminal history check
- Three written references from people who have known you for at least five years and can attest to your character
- A copy of your public liability insurance policy
- A disclosure statement from any relevant professional bodies, such as a teacher registration body if you are a teacher providing services to people with a disability
- Any other relevant documentation, such as documentation relating to your qualifications or memberships of relevant organisations
2. Register as a Company
Registering as a company is a similar process, but you will also need to provide:
- A copy of the company’s Certificate of Registration issued by ASIC
- The names and contact details of all directors of the company.
Once you have gathered all the necessary documentation, you can submit it via post or email. The NDIA will then assess your application and notify you of their decision. If your application is successful, you will be given a provider number which must be quoted on all invoices submitted to the NDIA.
As an NDIS disability provider, it is important that you understand the requirements of the scheme and maintain up-to-date records so that you can comply with audits. The NDIA may conduct random audits of providers to check that they are complying with their obligations under the scheme. If you are found to be non-compliant, this may result in your NDIS provider registration being canceled. Being a successful NDIS provider requires more than just filling out paperwork and being approved by the NDIA. You also need to build strong relationships with participants, carers and families, case managers and other support coordinators.
Elevating NDIS Services in Melbourne | Lofa Disability
If you wish to establish a registered disability provider business in NDIS, Lofa Consulting is here to guide you from the first step of filling your NDIS business registration up to the full operation of your company. You can also count on us to deliver the best workshops and training for your team, handle your finances, create the best web design and provide you with effective business consultancy services.
Call us today to set up an initial meeting to discuss your business plans. With Lofa Consulting, your NDIS business is sure to flourish in no time!