Hospice is a type of care that's designed to comfort and heal patients and their families during the last months or years of their lives. Hospice patients typically receive care in a home or hospice facility, and they may also receive treatment for disease or injury.
There are many benefits of hospice care, including:
- It allows patients and their families to focus on living rather than on the illness or death process.
- It provides relief from the burden of medical bills, as hospice care is typically covered by insurance.
- It can help patients emotionally adjust to their illness or death, as they no longer feel alone in this difficult time.
- It makes it possible for family caregivers to continue caring for loved ones even after the primary caregiver has left the home.
- Hospice can provide pain relief and physical comfort to patients and their families.