Valvesonly is a leading and reputed Lubricated plug valve manufacturer in USA. To start or stop the flow of the medium in a system, a lubricated plug valve with a tapered or cylindrical plug is used. This valve has a lubricated plug inside it which helps in flow of the medium. Valve’s lubricant minimizes the force that is necessary to open and close , allowing it for smooth plug movement in the valve. They can be used in both high-pressure and high-temperature conditions. It is manufactured by using corrosion-resistant materials to keep the valve from corroding.
To minimise friction and seal ports, the Lubricated Plug Valve uses a lubricant which is made up of base oil and viscosity improver that is injected under pressure between the body seat and plug. While there are four different types of plug valves, the two most commonly used plug valves are lubricated and non-lubricated plug valves. The lubricated plug valves work well in processes that use mediums which carry slightly abrasive particles, such as dirty upstream applications, gas pipeline systems This type of valve has a lubricated plug which helps to start or stop the flow of the medium in the valve.
LUBRICATED PLUG VALVE V/S NON-LUBRICATED PLUG VALVE:
· Lubricated plug valves differ from non-lubricated plug valves in many ways in that they have a lubricating system and restores the valve seat without the need to remove the valve, increasing the life of the valve seat. Lubricated plug valves are also advantageous since the lubricant reduces the needed operating torque and also minimizes the leakage in the valve.
· Non-lubricated plug valves are mostly used for lower pressure and lower temperature lines, and their valve seats deteriorate faster than lubricated plug valves due to wear and tear from dust, dirt, and other dust particles. Non Lubricated Plug valves are the valves that aren't oiled. They require less maintanence.
Advantages of Lubricated Plug valve:
· Lubricated Plug valve prevents rusting.
· It also serves as a lubricant, reducing the amount of force that is needed to operate the valve.
· Lubricant pressure raises the plug from the seat for a short duration, making the valve easier to turn.
· High pressure in the valve ensures that no particulates are trapped between the valve body and the stopper.
· Body materials: Cast steel (WCB, WCC, WC9, WC6, LCC, LCB) Cast iron, Ductile iron, SS304, SS316, CF8.
· Class: 150-2500. PN16 – PN450.
· Size: ½” to 24”.
· Ends: Socket weld, Buttweld, Flanged, Threaded.
· Operations: Lever operated,
Lubricated Plug Valve Applications:
- Lubricated Plug valves are often used in low-pressure, low-temperature applications, but there are also some high-pressure, high-temperature variants.
- These valves can be used to control directional flow even in low-vacuum systems.
- Lubricated Plug valves are capable of handling both gas and liquid medium in the system.
- This type of valve is capable of securely handling high-temperature flow, such as boiler feed water and other similar components.
- Lubricated Plug valves are used to control the flow of the medium that contain suspended solids, such as slurries.
For more details visit our website;