Whether you like it or not water is the essence of life and is needed by every cell in your body. Sometimes you feel drained, drowsy, or listless despite having an adequate diet. This is common in summer because of a lack of water. Here are a few reasons for you to have this elixir of life…
• Insufficient water level increases body temperature and slows metabolic activity like absorption, digestion, transport of nutrients, elimination of wastes and increases acid levels too.
• Water acts as a cleansing agent and flushes out toxins. Consuming 10 – 12 glasses each day can improve conditions like muscle ache, body pain, heartburn, joint pain, kidney stone, constipation, acne, and skin allergies.
• Water is important to combat the dehydration caused by alcohol.
• Water is not only hydrogen and oxygen but has dissolved minerals in it which are essential for the body.
• When the kidney fails to cleanse the body due to inadequate water, the liver has to work harder putting undue stress on it.
• Drinking water during weight loss provides hydration without unwanted calories. As we know it helps flush out waste from the body, which is especially important during fat metabolism and weight loss Read more.