Web Developer or Android Developer – Which One is Better Career Choice?
Both web development and android development have substantial market potential and demand in the present day. These two industries have separate markets and use cases, as well as diverse skills that you must learn. One should always compare the two options when deciding which path to take based on the frameworks needed for the development steps involved in learning web development and Android Development, the level of difficulty based on the learning curve, career opportunities, salaries, and future trends of both web development and Android development.
You have clicked on the appropriate article if you are unsure whether to pick web development or android development. This essay will compare and explain both web and android development based on all the relevant factors, assisting you in making the best career decision.
1. Android Development vs. Web Development
- Frontend Web Development: With frontend web development, the webpage is often created from a design. Along with you, you will be in charge of setting various navigation options and adding content to the webpage.
- Backend Web Development: In general, backend web development deals with server-side programming and databases. To put it simply, backend web development often entails keeping track of all the data that is input and processing it so that it may be displayed as an output to consumers.
- Full Stack Web Development: Frontend web development and backend web development are both components of full-stack web development. A full-stack web developer typically manages the website's design as well as its upkeep and data processing.
Building applications for Android devices is a common aspect of Android development. Java and Kotlin are often the languages used for android programming.
2. Instructions for learning how to develop apps for Android and the web
Develop a website:
Step 1: When deciding to pursue a career in web development, always pick a specialty, such as a frontend development, backend development, or full-stack development.
Step 2: For front-end development, stick to the steps listed below.
- Study HTML layout creation and put it to use.
- Discover how to style your website with various CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) properties.
- Find out how to create responsive websites with Bootstrap or simple CSS.
- To keep track of the changes made to the codebase, learn about the principles of version control tools like git and GitHub.
The following path should be taken if you wish to get into backend development:
- learn to program in languages like Python or Java well.
- Learn about MongoDB, a database system similar to MySQL that allows you to store, retrieve, and change data.
Step 3: For the purpose of transferring files and data to and from the server, have a solid understanding of the HTTP protocols and the deployment tools.
DevOps is a terrific addition to any team if you understand how it works and how it may assist your team implement the application development lifecycle.
Learning Requirements for Android Development
The design and development of android apps for the market are often the areas of specialization for android developers.
Step 1: Be well-versed in the fundamentals of developing Android apps, such as:
- JRE SDK
- possess a solid command of one or more programming languages, such as Kotlin or Java.
- Discover more about creating the Android UI.
Step 2: You must now grasp some of the more complex ideas in advanced android development, such as:
- Learn how to use Git and the Rest API.
- Study database management systems.
- The UI, cloud message APIs, and continuous integration should all be taken into consideration while designing the applications.
3. Level of Difficulty
Frontend development is generally easier to learn than backend development because the latter requires us to keep track of the data that is processed as well as to pay close attention to where the data is stored. Overall, it can be said that web development is simpler to get started than android development if we compare it to the creation of Android apps.
4. Career Prospects
Both the demand for web developers and Android developers is growing daily. However, since web development is simpler to break into than Android app development—as is common knowledge—there is fierce rivalry for these professionals. In contrast, there is a high demand for Android developers because there are so few of them.
5. Learning Curve
When deciding on a vocation, the majority of people base their decision on the salary they would receive after acquiring particular expertise. Depending on experience and skill level, the typical income for a web developer in India ranges from 5 to 27 LPA. The pay for web developers and android developers is equal, but the pay for iOS developers is higher because there are so few talented iOS developers.
The need for both Android and web development is growing as technology advances at an ever-increasing rate. Therefore, as both of them have a very great demand in the market, don't be confused about which field to choose. Choose one of them, learn about it, and get started learning about it so that you can have a successful future in the years to come.
If you are choosing to learn Web Development, then join an online web development course to become an expert web developer.